Treasure!

♕Question of the day: Worst fandom you are/were a part of?♔

(3rd person POV)

It's been a week now. Nothing to show for your gracious fall, no scar or anything. Whatver kind of healing powers Naofumi had, they were amazing.

After this week of travelling around with them you ofcourse got closer to everyone. Naofumi trying to inform you of how this world worked while. Raphtalia telling you about their former adventures and Filo, along with Melty, getting you to play tag and stuff.

All in all, a nice break. Tough this was some sort of medival-fantasy world... So you couldn't call it comfrotable living. Bathing in random rivers was a bit foreign to you but Naofumi told you you'd get used to it, so you believed him.

They had explained to you how Naofumi was one of the four cardinal heros. All assigned one weapon type they could exclusivly use. Naofumi beign stuck with a shield, tough it had proven quite usefull to him on multiple occasions.

According to your new friends, the other three were absolute assholes in diffrent ways. The sword hero was reckless and didn't think his actions trough, tough said to be the less annoying of the three. The spear hero being some overgrown dumbass whith the mind of a hormonal teenager. And the bow hero some new rebel leader, absolutly ditching his duties and creating more problems.

You accepted it as a fact. Perhpas if you met them you'd think diffrently but that wasn't a concern right now.

"Y/N, stand back. We'll deal with these monsters." Rahptalia pushed you behind her slightly and clutched her sword. Filo clinging to your arms as Naofumi conjured up his shield. You felt extremly weak right now. How dare they assume you were some frail kid!? How mean!

You grumbled to yourself as the mobs approached. They looked like typical video-game slimes and you wondered if this was, perhaps, a game. Untill you remembered that those other three assholes tought that way aswell and therefore mess things up.

"Filo, stay here. I'm going to do something cool." You pat her head ond pull out your portable staff, trying to sneak around Naofumi and Raphtalia who were awaiting the slime's next move.

You walk up between the two adults and smirk, expanding your portable staf and holding it horizontally before closing your eyes and waking a wall of your red powers conjure up, tough with how you were doing this it looked as if it was your weapon that did this.

The slimes seemed confused at the wall and stopped jumping towards you all.

"Y/N. What are you doing? Also, how are you doing this?" Naofumi looks at you while you stand there with your eyes closed.

"Doesn't matter, now we can move on." You smile and begin walking away. The wall coming with you. 

"No, we have to kill the slimes to get experience. It's the only way to get stronger." Naofumi explains and picks you up by your armpits and puts you back with Filo again. Like some child...

"Also, get rid of that wall." He intructs and you frown, not really wanting them to kill these little blobs for some thing as stupid as experience. Naofumi seems to notice your hesitation and lays his hand on your shoulder.

"I know what youre thinking but they're not sentient. Don't think youre accountable for their deaths. They're mosnters, like in a video-game." He tries to reassure you. His voice calm and collected before he lets go and you drop your wall out of peer pressure.

'Just monsters? I... see....' You think to yourself as you can hear the creatures in the background get sliced down in slight balloon noises. You stop thinking too much when Filo grabs your hand with both of hers. A reassuring smile on the angel like child. You smile back gently and slilently thank her for this little gesture.