Part 5: Petal Pilot

Mike's POV:

Last week was a pain in the ass. Between Ruby asking me about Ozpin and what I did to get into Beacon, and me trying to hide my bloodstained flight suit and armor until I could get it cleaned up, yeah, it was bad. But at least I got a costume change! Gone is my flight suit, replaced by a hoodie with the same color scheme as my flight suit, black jeans and black running shoes with orange accents. I still have my old gloves for the Phase Shift, and the grapple shot is on my right wrist, and my helmet and armor stayed. Ruby is also coming to Beacon today because she had a run in with the same gangster wannabe as well. I was taking my normal coffee (If you want to know the ingredients, 1/3 coffee, 2/3 milk, no sugar, and two drops of stim) for the day because-

Ruby: "Oh my Oum Ican'tbelievewearegoingtoBeacon!" Yep, that.

Mike: "Ruby. It's  4:55 in the morning. You better not wake up everyone up." I took a sip, feeling energized. She chuckled, falling back onto the bed in a laying position. 

Ruby: "Hehe, sorry. I'm just sooo excited."

Mike: "I can tell."

Ruby: "They won't ask us about our age, will they?"

Mike: "If they do, forget about 'em." I said, leaning back on my beanbag, scratching my dirty black hair.

Ruby: "Oh, ok." Just then, there was a familiar crash outside, the third and final one for today. Looking out the window of Ruby's room, Sidearm was looking at me.

Sidearm: "Pilot, I was able to maintain a sustained flight 1,500 meters above sea level for 25 hours, 42 minutes, and 59 seconds. Objective is also complete."

Mike: "Good, take a rest."

Sidearm: "I do not need rest, pilot."

Mike: "Understood." Using the rare parts Ozpin managed to round up for me, I was able to modify the thrusters of three different titans, so that they can fly. The lucky titans were, TR, Dexter and our dear Sidearm. 

Ruby: "If only I could fly in you." I smirked.

Mike: "Hey, Ruby."

Ruby: "Yeah"

Mike: "I will assure you. Your time will come."

Ruby: "Oooh. Foreshadowing?" I shrugged, smirking.

Mike: "Maybe." Suddenly, the alarm clock started beeping. "Crap, its time."

Ruby: "Wait, time for what?"

Mike: "You'll see." I downed the coffee in my mug and put on my helmet, running out of the room.

Crap Crap Crap. Can't be late for the welcoming committee . No sir.

Ruby's POV:

Umm, what just happened? I was still sitting on my bed, in my pajamas, wondering about the reason he just ran out in such a hurry. Well, can't find out if I just sit here, now, can I? Putting on my outfit, I went to the door. When I opened it, there was an argument downstairs. Going downstairs, I found that the voices was coming from outside. When I tried opened the door, it wouldn't budge, meaning that it was locked. So, without anything to do, I was about listened to the argument, when suddenly, the door opened.

Mike: "We're ready!" 

Ruby: "Ready for- Woah!" He immediately opened the door and pulled me out.

Mike: "For... this." He said to me, pointing towards TR, as Ryan held a knife, similar to the one that the three pilots use, while Nolan was holding a revolver. A Wingman, except it was black and had a sight, along with a holster.