Part 11: The Cardinal Trouble

A/N: A quick word if I may. Updates will be slow, because my laptop hates me.
Because it tries to activate some shit on Chrome when I type [Space] even though I'm not doing any button combinations.

The only way I can cancel it is through restarting my laptop. Even then, it always rears its ugly head again.

A few weeks had come to pass. And in that time, I had taught Ruby everything she needed to know about the standard pilot's equipment, which included the jumpkit just in case. Also in that time, Ozpin had asked to provide us with auras. But we had put him on hold for now. And, some hilarious shit had happened as well.

Flashback:

I was leaning against a locker, messing with my scroll, as someone passed me. Looking up, I saw the leader of team CRDL pass by me. Looking back down towards my scroll, I tried to figure out how to download apps on this device. Suddenly, the communication unit in my helmet sparked to life, as Sidearm talked to me.

Sidearm: "Pilot?"

Mike: "Yeah?" I replied, while still tapping away at the scroll.

Sidearm: "Remember the module you installed in me when we first met Logan?"

Mike: "You mean that joke module?"

Sidearm: "... Jackass detected." I chocked up, trying to control my laughing.

Holy shit! Seems that the bullshit nature of this world is even messing with my titan's systems! 

Present:

Hilarious and true, as Cardin is a jackass to anyone that isn't like him. I mean, how did he get elected to become a huntsman? Guy is more racist than white cops in the twenty first century. I just want Sidearm to step on that bastard.

Currently, me and my team were watching the duel between Jaune and Cardin. And safe to say...

Jaune is having his butt kicked.

He's doing good on studies on every subject except history. He also has shown signs of being a good tactician. But his fighting is a bit lacking.... Okay scratch that. A LOT lacking. He sucks in hand to hand combat. And when I tested how good he is with a gun, bastard hit everything except the target. Yes, that included me who was behind him. Never handing him my Wingman ever again. How the hell can someone even do that, you may ask. Two words. Metal. Ricochet.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose!"

Jaune: "Over my dead-" He got interrupted when the Jackass kneed him in the stomach, causing him to fall to his knees and drop his weapons, before raising his mace to slam it down on him. Knowing that Jaune's aura will cave in before he can even take the hit, I pulled out my P2019 and shot the mace out of his hand. The lights then turned on as Glynda walked to the front.

Glynda: "Thank you for saving him, Mr. Walker" I nodded. "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's aura is now in the red. In a tournament styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and the official may call the match."

Ryan: "(Muttering) Or in this case, the spectator may save the weakling." I elbowed him in the stomach.

Mike: "He has potential. Don't sell him short." 

Glynda: "Mr. Arc. Its been weeks now. Please try to refer your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when its appropriate to attack, or when its better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to get gobbled up by a beowolf, now would we?"