Part 9: The Battle

The forest was peaceful. There was no sounds of conflict. No sounds of battle. It was peaceful.

???: "AHH!"

Well... not all good things last...

Ryan: "Sounds like some girl's in trouble."

Nick: "Poor chick..."

Me and the pilots were currently speeding through the forest, choosing to pass any grimm, even a deathstalker. After a while, we eventually reached a clearing with a sort of ruin in the center.

Ryan: "You think this is it?" Look at the ruins, I saw several chess pieces on pedestals. Surveying the place, I also found Yang, along with that black bow wearing girl I saw yesterday.

Nick: "Well, people are there." He gestured towards Yang and her partner, who was just starting to notice us.

Yang: "Hey guys!" She waved at us, as the other girl was just staring at the sky.

Black: "Hey Yang? Look up..." Looking up, we saw Ruby falling to the ground.

Mike: "Well..." I looked at Yang. " Hey, Yang! Mind giving me a boost?" Nodding, she lowered herself to the ground and held her hands in front of her. Breaking into a sprint, I put a foot on her hands, leaping up and, using the jumpjet for aid, I reached Ruby and wrapped my arms around her waist.

Nick: "Look right!" As I Looked at the specified direction, I saw something approaching me and Ruby fast, and because my jumpjet was still recharging, I was forced to twist Ruby and myself, making me take the hit from the object, and making me unintentionally take the hit for Ruby as we crashed into a tree.

Ruby: "Owww..." She had, and I am not gonna going to question the logic here, mini grimm circling her head. As I Looked at a branch nearby, I saw Jaune dangling from a branch, still in his senses.

Mike: "Ow... Wait... Is this payback for hitting you with the spear?" I pointed my finger accusingly at him, as his eyes widened. He then began shaking his head while waving his hands in front of him.

Jaune: "No! No it is not, I swear."

Mike: "Okay... Well..." I looked at the still dazed Ruby that was on my lap. "Hey, Ruby!" I shaked her violently, causing her to jerk up and look around. "Wake up and move." Pushing her off of me, she ran up the length of the branch, as Jaune called out to her for help. He then looked at me as I was fixing my armor. I then looked at him. "See you down there." Giving him a two-fingered salute, I leaped off the branch, seeing Ruby and Yang about to hug, before being interrupted by Nora getting in between them. Looking at another direction.

Mike: "Okay... Just why?" As I looked towards the forest, I saw Pyrrha running towards us with a Deathstalker on her tail.

Black: "Did she run all the way here with a Deathstalker on her tail?"

Ryan: "Yes... yes she did..." As I looked at Yang, she looked like she just lost it.

Yang: "Arrgh! I can't take it anymore! Can everybody just chill out before something crazy happens every two seconds?" Ruby tapped on her shoulder.

Ruby: "Um, Yang?" Ruby pointed upwards, where we saw Weiss hanging onto one of the Nevermore's claws.

Weiss: "You left me!" I looked at Ruby.

Mike: "You did what?!"

Ruby: "I told you to jump!" She then looked at me. "I really did..."

Blake: "She's about to fall..."

Ruby: "She'll be fine."

Ren: "She's falling." After he had stated the obvious, Weiss's screaming had started to reach our ears. Looking over to where she was going to fall, I saw Jaune getting ready to catch her on a branch.