Part 19: Intuition and Infiltration... Kinda

A/L: Sorry for the very late chapter. I had a terrible writers block. Plus, I had a lot of work on my plate. Will continue to do so as well. So expect next chapter to come home late as well. But I'm not abandoning the story. I'm dead set on finishing.

The entire First Year body was in Combat Class, watching Pyrrha wipe the floor with CRDL. Her moves flowed well with her attacks as I saw her spin around her weapons with tact and ease. Even if Ruby may disagree, I don't think I'll be able to beat her. Mostly due to me still learning how to use a sword to its full potential. But I probably have better experience with aim. Comes from years of shooting wallrunning pilots and drones from a mile I suppose.

Anyways, after wiping the floor with them, she stood over the team's leader as he was on the floor.

Cardin: "Lucky shot." And then he... Passed out? What?

Glynda: "Well done Miss Nikos." She approached from behind Cardin. "You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

Pyrrha: "Thank you professor." Glynda was tapping her scroll.

Glynda: "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match." Glynda started looking around." Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?" Blake slammed her book about evidence collecting shut upon hearing her name. 'You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -" Thankfully, someone managed to save the poor sleep deprived kitty.

???: "I'll do it."

Glynda: "Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent."

Mercury: "Actually, I wanna fight... her." He pointed towards Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: "Me?"

Glynda: "I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner."

Pyrrha: "No, its fine! I'll be happy to oblige." I just shook my head at it.

Never be too nice to others, Pyrrha. It leaves your back exposed.

Trust me. I would know... That was my release.

***

Watching the fight was informative.

Okay. Correction. The events that took place during the fight was informative... And worrying...

The way that the green haired girl faked her politeness just snapped something in my head, for some random reason. After that, I paid close attention both to her and Mercury. Even after he had forfeit, they seemed smug. Only one thing comes into my head.

Pyrrha has won the battle. But not the war.

But what war? These two may be worth keeping an eye out for. Maybe Salem's associates? Makes sense, if you think about it.

I got startled out of my train of thought as the alarm went off.

Glynda: "That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses." God, why on Monday?

Absentmindedly getting up, I walked towards the door. Exiting the room, I saw Sun grabbing Blake by her shoulder.

Sun: "Hey Blake! You, uh, doing okay?" Blake shut her book.

Blake: "I'm fine."

Sun: "So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend... ah, sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?"

Blake: "What?"

Sun: "The dance! This weekend! You wanna go, or what?"

Blake: "I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that." She walked away as Sun sank in the rejection.