Part 15: A Moment of Peace

(A/L)Truly my worst chapter yet
                        -Alpha Lynroc

If someone ever told you, a large amount of specialized soldiers came from a different universe along with their robot partners, would you believe them? No, right? So here's another question. What if, more of the 'sightings' came to be?

That's Mike's case.

More and more pilots had been surfacing in social media recently. Some showing off their skills. Others talking about the truth of their existence. Their history.

And this has put a pressure on him and his teammates at Beacon, as they now consider them as aliens.

Some of their friends are still with them, sure. But social interactions are tougher than ever. And it doesn't help that useless rumors have been surfacing about them.

So what does the council of each kingdom decide to do? Kill all the pilots and confiscate their weapons and titans.

But of course, Mike won't let 'em. How could he, when he vowed to protect innocents at any way he could. So what did he do? He dug up dirt on all of them so that they will bend to his will. He's not heartless, though. He knew what he was doing. So what would happen was paperwork. Basically a license for their titans, along with a Pilot's license. This legalizes the pilots, as well as giving them an opportunity to show that they can be good and useful.

******

Mike's POV

So here I am. With my teammates. At the base of the CCT tower. Where the paperwork has been done, and pilots and titans resting. Some even having brought their Remnantarian families

Also the amount of Ex-IMC pilots here is insane. Thank God many of them want to finally do some good with their lives.

???: "Excuse me?" I looked to my left, seeing a news anchor for VNN. "We were hoping that you could tell us about your history."

Mike: "Pilot history or general history?"

News Anchor: "War history."

Mike: "Ah well... It started when the IMC came to the Frontier. A collection of habitable planets. Folks were happy. Everyone had what they need. Then the IMC came and established rules. Taking our resources to the Core Worlds that needed them. When the Militia first came to being, it was just a collection of homesteaders, criminals, bandits, and the like. All wanting to protect their home. We fought as hard as we could. But the IMC was relentless. Eventually winning them the Titan Wars. And as they continued to crack down on Militia operations, before chasing down a ship, that managed to recruit a former IMC officer. With his help and tactical knowledge, the Militia won several skirmishes. Even demolishing Demeter, an IMC refueling port, allowing the tide of the war to change heavily in the Militia's favor.

News Anchor: "I see... Well. Thank you for sharing with us!"

Mike: "No problem!" After the News Anchor and her cameraman left, Ryan spoke up.

Ryan: "Exclusive interview with Michael Walker!" I let out a snort.

Mike: "Shut the fuck up."

???: "Excuse me?" I looked at the person that called me. A female pilot wearing standard pilot gear with a grapple pilot helmet. "Are you Michael Walker?"

Mike: "Um... Who's asking." She gave me a salute.

???: "Polly Paige!" She then lowered her arm. "And I am so happy to have met you!"

Mike: "... Thank you?"

Hank: "Hey, Polly! Just like-"

Ryan: "If you finish that, I'm finishing you." I let out a short laugh.