Part 10: Leaders and Followers

In a certain dorm room, three people, two human, one robotic, wearing their Beacon uniform along with their armor underneath and their helmet were sitting on one of the two beds, with one of them holding a console controller, playing on a TV set up on the desk.

Ryan: "Right Right RIGHT!"

Mike: "Copy!" Turning the right thumbstick, he turned his character around and shot at the enemy, taking him out.

Nick: "Watch your shields!" Pressing a button, Mike managed to recharge his shields and boost it, giving him a little breathing room for the three on one he stupidly participated in.

Ryan: "Behind you!" Jumping in the air, Mike switched to a sniper rifle while turning around, no-scoping the enemy. "Beautiful!"

Mike: "Thank you sir!" Jumping again, he let an enemy using a sword run under him before smacking him in the back, killing him.

Nick: "One more!" Turning around, Mike's character was met with a blue light. "Ah shit! Spider!" As the grenade exploded, the enemy was using an Assault Rifle to try and burn through Mike's shields.

Mike: "Buh-Bye!" Throwing a grenade covered in spikes, he managed to stick the enemy with it, resulting in a killing blow.  

Ryan/Nick: "FUCK YEAH!" As both the excitable pilots were celebrating the fact that their leader just gained gold in ranked, the leader himself was staring at the screen. Not in disbelief, but rather, in amusement.

Mike: These idiots. Oh well, we should get to class. "Well, that shower after our warm up just became useless. Anyways, time for class!" he turned to his teammates, who were still celebrating, not even willing to listen to his words. He just sighed. "Hey, excitables!" The looked over to their leader. "I said time for class!" They scrambled for their notebooks.

Ryan/Nick: "Yes sir!" The leader only shook his head.

Mike: Am I being too harsh? Or is this necessary? I don't even know at this point...

Ryan: "Hey!" He looked at his teammate. "Aren't you coming?" He nodded.

Mike: "Yeah." He picked his notebook off his bed. "Let's go." As they made their way to class, Mike had the same thought that stuck with him since last night. The question being...

Mike's POV:

 Will I be a good enough leader?

Ryan: "Hey!" I looked behind me, seeing him and Nick beside a door. "Where the hell are you going? The class is this way!" I stared at him for a second, before nodding. As I made my way to the door, a metal arm was stopping me.

Mike: "Uh... Can I?" I gestured towards the door. Both of them just nodded.

Ryan: "Yes you can... Right after you tell us what the hell is on your mind."

Mike: "Uh... I should get to class?" They only shook their heads.

Nick: "Just tell us. We know something's on your mind." I looked at him, before hanging my head, sighing as I did so.

Mike: "Am I good leader?" I looked them both in the eye, as they looked taken aback by the question.

Ryan/Nick: "What?"

Mike: "You both heard me. Am. I. A good. Leader. Answer me." They both looked at me, before the simulacrum's eye turned red, and Hank started laughing like a madman.

Hank: "You have gotta be kidding me! You? A good leader?! How the fuck am I to answer that?"

Ryan: "Hank... He's a good leader." Hank stopped laughing, before looking at Ryan.