Part 16: And Thus, The Butterfly Rears its Head

The door swung open as two people entered a book store. One had grey hair and his friend had emerald green hair as well as a tan complexion.

This was Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai. Thieves. Partners. And more importantly...

Killers.

Mercury stops near the door to look at the books while Emerald walks up to the counter and rings the bell.

Tukson: "Be right there!"

This was Tukson. Owner of Tukson's Book Trade, as well as an Ex-White Fang member. He was trying to escape to Vacuo, but will be stopped by the duo.

Eventually, he came out of the back, carrying a stack of books.

Tukson: "Welcome to Tukson's Book Trade!" He set a stack of books somewhere, before turning around. "How may I...." He gasped, before hesitating, clearly having met them before. "How may I help you?"

Mercury: "Just browsing." He closed the book he was reading.

Emerald: "Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of 'The Thief and The Butcher'?"

Tukson: "Yes we do."

Emerald: "That's great!"

Tukson: "Would you... Like a copy."

Emerald: "No, just wondering." Mercury closed another book. "Oh, oh! What about 'Violet's Garden'? In paperback?"

Mercury: "He's got it. Hardback too." He raised a book.

Emerald: "Ooh, options are nice." She put a finger close to her chin, looking up.

Mercury: "Eh, no pictures." He put the book down. "Hey! Do you have any comics?"

Tukson: "Near the front"

Emerald: "Oh, no, wait! What... about... 'Third Crusade'?" Tukson looked hesitant. Scared, even.

Tukson: ""Um.. I" Emerald and Mercury were eyeing him. "I don't believe we carry that one." Mercury slammed another book shut.

Mercury: "Oh."

Emerald: "What was this place called again?"

Tukson: "Tukson's Book Trade."

Emerald: "And you're Tukson."

Tukson: "That's right."

Emerald: "So then I take it that you're the one that came up with the catchphrase?"

Tukson: "Yes."

Mercury: "And, what was it again?"

Tukson: "'Tukson's Book Trade. Home to every book under the sun.'"

Mercury: "Except the Third Crusade."

Tukson: "Its just a catchphrase."

Mercury: "Its false advertising!"

Emerald: "You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson." Mercury activated a switch near the entrance, causing one of the windows to darken. "I hear that you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo." Mercury activated another switch and the window in the front door darkened"Your brothers in the White Fang won't be happy to hear that." Mercury activated the third and final switch, darkening the last window as he smiled creepily at Tukson"And neither are we... You know who we are, don't you?"

Tukson: "Yes."

Emerald: "And you know why we're here?"

Tukson: "Yes."