[Kevin Magnussen]

If there was any surefire way to get on my nerves, Kevin Magnussen was involved

The man lived to piss me off and to piss me off only.
He and my brother were the best of friends for some fucking twisted fate, so since I was like twenty I'd had no other option but to tolerate him. For my older brother.
But lately, the tension between Kevin and me had shifted to a different type of tension.
We had all gone out a few nights ago.

"You're such an asshole!" I shouted, the vodka in my system already making itself noticeable, "What is wrong with you, Magnussen?!"
"With me?!" He shouted back as he jerked me by the arm, "You're the one almost fucking a stranger in the middle of a dance floor!"
"Why do you care?" I asked through gritted teeth as I shook my head. "Why are you like this?!"
"I don't know, okay?!" He shouted, running a hand through his blonde hair. "I just know that the thought of another man touching you and kissing you like that makes me sick!" 
I laughed. This was how I knew Kevin was hammered. Was he telling me, in all seriousness a drunken man could muster, that he was jealous?! Of me? I was drunk, but I wasn't stupid-

"You're out of your fucking mind Magnussen. Go home."
"And let that fucker return and touch you like that? Over my cold, dead body." Kevin said as he crossed his arms and I rolled my eyes.
"If you're not going to do anything about touching me, then I will be with other men, and you have no right to be this jealous!"
I turned to walk away, but Kevin grabbed me by the arm, "You're mine," he muttered darkly, his lips brushing mine, "and only I can touch what's mine."

I don't remember much else from that night, but I do know that Kevin has been avoiding me like the plague, which was something really funny to see given that we worked together. As an engineer with a Ph.D. in mechanics, I had applied for all things car-related for my job, since it was one of the things I loved the most in this world, and had landed a job as a mechanic for Haas. 
I was due to leave for Redbull at the end of the season though because I had been offered a higher position (with better pay) in the team. Don't get me wrong, I loved Haas and all it had provided me with, but Redbull had offered me a five-season contract to be the team's mechanic leader. Now, I wanted to see how I would be handling a team of male mechanics, who were probably older than me, having to listen to a woman, who would probably be seen as a kid in their eyes. 
I was checking and tuning the engine, because it had shown some issues on the trial laps we'd done, humming to Taylor Swift, when I heard someone call my name.
I hit turned around, hitting my head on the lamp I was using to see the engine better, and to my surprise I found Kevin.
"Magnussen?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow, "Weren't you supposed to be in the sim? Or literally, anywhere that's not here?"
Kevin huffed as he ran a hand through his hair, "A hello would have been nice." He mumbled with a roll of his eyes and I heaved a sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.
"What do you want?" I asked, trying to not sound rude, but it was hard, "If you didn't notice, the engine needs a lot of work and we only have a few weeks, so chop chop, because I still need to check Nico's engine and safety systems."
"This was a fucking mistake, nevermind." He muttered as he turned around before he froze, "You know what? I'll just tell you what I have been bottling up for the past few years."
I chuckled sarcastically, "And what do you hope to achieve with that?"
"Just humor me, will you?" He asked sarcastically, "You're insufferable, entitled, and a pain in the ass."
"Nice going, you almost sound like my brother there."
"You're constantly annoying me, always getting in my way even when you're not around and you just had to be working in fucking Haas-"
"I didn't ask to work here, nor do I ask you to put up with me."
"I hate the fact that most of my day is spent around you, and I hate the fact that this was my fucking haven and you just waltzed in here with your fucking P.hD. and got selected among hundreds of applicants."
"Not my fault I was more qualified than the others." His words were beginning to sting and hit me at a level I hoped they never would. This was new, usually, Kevin could say to me whatever the fuck he wanted, and I wouldn't get worked up, but his words were actually doing damage this time around.
"I hate that I have to see you and be around you every fucking day. Literally, any person in this fucking world would be better because I'm running out of ways to deal with whatever the fuck it is I feel for you-"
"Don't worry," I began cooly as I turned back to the car's engine, gripping the sides of the car fiercely, "next season you won't be having to deal with me, in fact, if you're lucky, you won't even have to see me. I'll be somewhere working with other drivers who actually appreciate the fact that I slave days and nights away to make sure their engines don't burn mid-race, Hell, the only reason I'm not leaving right this instant is that I have too much consideration for the rest of the team." I glared at Kevin, doing my best to bite back my tears, "Now, are you done or do I need to fucking force you out of my sight? Because some of us have work to do."
I turned to the table, reaching for the jar and a glass of water, I needed something way stronger than water, but until I was done for the day, this would have to do.
I could feel Kevin's stare burning holes in my back, but I didn't let it faze me. I just wanted him to get the fuck out so that I could be in peace.