TWO

— NEW YORK CITY

STELLA'S POV

   It was everywhere. My nightmares were coming back into my head. Yet, had no mother or father to lean on because who would leave their daughter all alone. My only two hopes were Natalia and Theo. The last I saw them, I was seven years old, minus Theo, who I had run into the other day. He was astonished to see me. Immediately he embraced me in a hug and asked if I was okay. He had heard about the Woodsboro attacks and yet he didn't call.

But here I stood. With Ethan, at his front door steps.

"So... you're going to knock?" Ethan asked, placing his hands in his pocket uncomfortably.

"Gimme a minute... i need to think" I say. My mind was all over the place. The only place I had hope for was Theo's. I didn't even know if he wanted to see me at all.

I take a few steps forward and knock on Theo's door, looking back at Ethan and wondering if he was going to answer. He did.

"Stella?" he questioned. "It's two o'clock in the morning is everything okay?".

I shook my head. "I need a place to stay".

"You've been living here for a year? Why do you need a place right now?".

"Because" Ethan began to raise his voice. "She was staying with me at my dorm but ending up getting caught so now she needs a place to stay, okay?".

Theo steps up to Ethan and eyes him down. "And who are you?". There he was. Theo being protective of me again. I missed it, it felt like home, except he ditched me more likely and wanted to forget about me for the rest of his life.

"Ethan Landry" he says. "Stells, friend".

"Hm. Okay" Theo hums. "Stella get in. I'm not letting you in, sorry kid. I don't know you".

I roll my eyes. "It's fine. Ethan I'll see you tomorrow for our afternoon Econ class, okay?".

"yeah sure, no problem".

   Theo opens the door wider and I allow myself in. His place, spoke for himself. It was really big and well furnished. I had no clue what he did for work but it seemed like he earned good money.

    "Listen, I'm absolutely sorry for dropping in like this" I apologize, placing my bag down neatly next to the couch. "I didn't want to stay with Tara and Sam because they already have a roommate".

    Theo looks up from his phone, "Samantha? She's here? I assumed it was just you guys for college".

   "That too, but mainly to get out of Woodsboro".

I took a quick notice that Theo was hurt Sam was in the city. Best friends that were there for each other and drift apart hurt the most. Speaking from experience with Amber... though she was gone. I was truly betrayed. One of my best friends had betrayed me and was a person I would hate the most.