EIGHT

— NEW YORK CITY

STELLA'S POV ,

Sam was right, the place was...it made me speechless. Whoever had made this shrine of past ghostface' was a weirdo. The person under this mask was obsessed with everyone's past kills. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a nightmare, honestly. This was making me feel sick. Seeing all of the past costumes and masks made me think back to my attack. My attack where Richie had stabbed me multiple times whereas Amber almost broke my leg. I was surprised myself that I had survived that night because I passed out due to my loss of blood.

"You think it's her?" Ethan pointed out to the blonde short haired woman, as he leaned against the counter.

"Kirby?" I asked, we both make eye contact but she immediately breaks it after she stares at Ethan. "I mean it is odd that she just comes out of nowhere, you know? She needs to have a motive".

Ethan nodded his head. "Fake fbi agent? Trying to get revenge? She said she had a best friend named Jill Roberts? Maybe she's just traumatized".

"Question"— "If you were to be ghostface what would your motive be?".

He thinks for a moment. "Uhhh, I guess it depends if someone hurt me? Maybe I'll hurt them back? But that doesn't sound like something I'd do, why?".

"I was just curious" I wondered, "Since you got aggressive yesterday with the boy who called me a name".

"Hey! I thought you trusted me".

"And I do!" I laugh, he comes closer to me and holds both my hands. "I was just being curious, everyone should have a motive, mine would probably be losing Natalia".

Yet, he doesn't reply. He simply just shakes his head and pulls away from me.

   "That's a motive alright, getting revenge, you'd do that?" he asks.

   "No, I wouldn't" I say. "Natalia wouldn't like that. And I'm nothing like whoever is behind that mask. They're...they're low lives who don't know what they're doing with their life. I believe, they just want attention. Which...brings harm, a lot of it, and it's not good".

"that's understandable" he said, wiping the dust off the counter. We walked towards another room, webs all over the corners, dust all over the room, as I began coughing, it was too much of it .

The room was silent as we didn't speak for the next three minutes—searching if this ghostface had left any small clues as to why, why in all places, did he make a shrine in a big theater. Most importantly, why was he so obsessed. If his family had know about this to, well, they must all be crazy to think this was ever okay.

"What if we set up a trap in here?" Ethan finally spoke.

"Okay, explain, like what?".'

"Well let's see" he thinks for a moment. "Bring it in here. Tie them up somehow? I don't know I'm not very good at this, then after, reveal who the heck that person is".

"Well for a start that's a good plan I guess?".

He smiles proudly at his plan. We continue to walk more into the theater, it was huge. At this point, ghostface could sneak up behind us at any moment, targeting us both.

In New York, all I wanted was to live my life, be happy and make many new friends. This start was going to change all of us— getting into Blackmore, especially all of us, was the best thing that happened to us. It was amazing.

• •

NEW YORK CITY
— 6 MONTHS AGO

"HOLY SHIT I GOT IN!" Tara comes through the door, yelling, and waving her phone up and down. She jumped up with excitement and hugged each and every one of us. "It says here classes start...tomorrow".

Blackmore University, the university we all applied to for us transfer students school year. It was nice diverse school, many special programs, film programs, which I was very excited about.

"No shit" Chad laughs, "We're just transfers. Of course class has to start asap, but technically it's not a class, it's just a little welcome get to know where your classes are".

I look down at my phone— an incoming email popping up. Blackmore University. Out of us, I was the last one awaiting a letter. This was about to change my life.

Dear Stella Rosewood,

"We have looked into your application and you are a well student with many opportunities. We'd like to offer you admission to our school for the class of...."

"I got in" I whispered. They all looked my way and Chad was the first to come and hug me. He picked me up and spun me around, "HELL YEAH! Nothing is ever splitting us apart".

Jesus. I was relieved, no separation. I was worried that we'd all get separated and in case something were to ever happen we wouldn't be together anymore.

"Hey Quinn!" Tara yells out.

The red haired girl steps out of her room. That was their new roommate, Quinn. She was her own person, and we didn't bother her much, she liked doing her own activities. . .

"yes Tara".

"If Sam comes back please tell her we're at the university".

Quinn simply nodded her head and went back into her room.

For the rest of the day we had toured the entire university, made sure we understood where to go and to make sure we wouldn't get lost. Chad had explained how he'd be getting a new roommate.

The twins were living on the campus. I was not. Well, technically, me and Chad had agreed that I'd be living with him and his new roommate until im allowed to be with someone. Tara had offered me a place at their apartment but I didn't want to interrupt and especially not be there when Quinn was doing god knows what.

THE NEXT DAY:

We all said our goodbyes, each and every one of us going into our welcome orientation. My first class was Economics— how I hated that class in high school. It stressed me out too much, it was awful.

   I felt alone. Once in awhile I smiled at a few people, though, they didn't smile back—which took me off guard. Kind of mean.

   Standing outside the doors of this class I felt my heart sink. This wasn't an actual class yet I was still absolutely terrified. My legs began to shake and I feared what was coming. A panic attack right at this very moment. My vision started to get blurry, and as I turn around—a boy bumps into me, holding my arms, making sure I was steady. I look at him and without saying a word, he sits me down. I didn't even know who this boy was but man, he was sweet.

   All he did was hand me his water bottle—as he took something out of his pocket. It was his earbuds. He signals for me to place them on, as he started playing relaxing music. This was calming me down. Whatever the heck he was doing—worked.

   I start to catch my breath. "thank...thank you".

   "yeah no problem" he smiled. "it would've been bad if I just left you alone like that, are you okay now?".

   "im fine now" i say, my voice shakes a little. "im Stella".

   "Ethan" he greeted, he placed out his hand, and I shook it. "Ethan Landry, it's nice to meet you".

   Ethan Landry. That name sounded familiar, whenever Chad would say it. I guess Ethan Landry was going to stick around for awhile.

—> LENA SPEAKS 💌
this is more like a filler chapter because i
have something planned for next chapter lol

but hope you liked their little flashback interaction, i'll def add a lot of those once we reach to THAT part of the book. !! enjoy !!