SIXTEEN

— NEW YORK CITY
HOSPITAL : LOCATION 2

ETHAN'S POV ,

    Helping Mindy was only part of my plan. Well, of course I had to help, if I didn't I'd be at the top of her list even more. Luckily, I wasn't, not anymore. She had cursed out earlier saying she was wrong—I wasn't even sure if my father or my sister attacked her, but one of them saved me from blowing my cover too early. I knew Stella was gonna find out soon enough, being in the hospital was only the start of the plan to begin with.

    "She's going to be okay" Stella sighs, as she sits next to me in the waiting room. "We wouldn't be here if you didn't yell at that person to call the ambulance".

   I laugh, "just trying to protect a friend".

    "And I'm happy you did" She says, holding my hand. "You're the sweetest, and it shows that you truly care".

   The only thing I could do was smile at Stella. This entire time she's been nothing but nice to me—and so have I. But my wrongs were making this situation much more worse than it should be. In a matter of hours she was going to find out the truth and what I actually did to Anika, and what I didn't do to Natalia.

    "Do you know if Detective Bailey has heard any news on Natalia and Anika?" she asks.

    "No, I'm sorry" I say, with a full lie. I knew where they were being held, of course I couldn't say. I see the look on her face become sadder as she hears the news. I bring her in for a hug as she whispers, "I love you. I'm glad you're here with me".

    My heart sinks in. I felt extremely awful, she meant it.

    "I love you too". I meant that too. I absolutely meant every word I said.

    "You don't have to say it just because I said it" she laughs.

   "No , Stells" I stop her. "I mean it, every fucking word".

    She smiles. "Ethan, you truly are amazing. We'll be okay and—"

    "— she's awake" the doctor interrupted.

    Stella jumped up and removed her arms around me. "No, you go see her first Ethan. She said she wanted to apologize to you".

   "Oh..okay".

    I make my way towards the nurse—following her into the room Mindy was in. She was going to apologize to me, but what made her think I was going to accept that apology? Not at all was I going to accept that.

    As we enter the room, the nurse leaves, shutting the door. It was a bit cold in here, I sit down on the chair next to her bed. "Um....are you feeling a bit better?".

    "Yeah" she shrugs, "Been stabbed before so I could handle it huh".

    "True" I simply say.

     Mindy rolls her eyes playfully, "Listen, Ethan. I was wrong about you this entire time. Whoever the fuck that was on the subway was someone...I don't know. But now I know it wasn't you and I feel extremely bad that I called you ghostface and—and—and now that I know it isn't you, treat Stella right".

Treat Stella right.

Treat Stella right.

Treat Stella right.

Treat Stella right.

My mind was spiraling— I couldn't think.

Mindy looks at me for a moment, examining my face to read my facial expressions. I look up at her and glare at her—Mindy's smile falls into a frown. "You really want to apologize, huh? You think it's so easy to accept your little apology? No, that's not how it works".

"What?" she whispers.

I start to laugh. "Mindy. Mindy. Mindy. No, you've been right this entire time. You're stuck here, and we're about to finish this job".

"We're? Is Anika with you?".

"Anika?" I say, "Oh no, not her. Also, for your information, I will treat Stella right, because I do have a heart and that's for her. My heart tells me to stop when I glance at Stells, but my mind, tells me to continue the fuck of this job and—".

STELLA'S POV,

My phone—fuck, twenty missed calls from Chad, ten from Tara—what the fuck was going on. I open my phone to the incoming texts from the two.

Hurry up.

I think he's here.

Stella you and Ethan have to come quick.

Where the hell are you? Our plan isn't going to work if you're not here?

I immediately text back—telling them I am on my way. The nurse leads me to Mindy's room.

   "—guys" I say, trying to catch my breath. I lean onto the door and look at Ethan. "Mindy Mindy, we'll be right back they need our help".

   "Stella" she gasped, "no no—"

   "—Okay!" Ethan exclaims, jumping up from the seat. "Let's go, they need our help".

    "Stella!" Mindy furiously says. I turn around and put my hands up in the air. "Don't go, it's a trap".

   "No, it's not" I reassure, "Ethan is with me, it's okay. I'll be safe, right, E?".

    He comes to me and holds my hand—as a smirk appears across his face. "Always safe with me".

   "Mindy, we'll be back as soon as we can!" I say, I pull myself—and Ethan out the door as we're both sprinting out the hospital room.

   Fuck, it was happening. It was all going to go down at this moment.

— > LENA SPEAKS 💌 🎟️
....oh my god! scared nervous anxious
— how are you feeling? losing them, or not? we'll see.