EIGHTEEN

— NEW YORK CITY
LOCATION 3 : THEATER . last location.

STELLA'S POV ,

My heart was racing faster—as much as I couldn't think , everything was about to go down right at this moment. My only thoughts were knowing if Ethan was alive or not. Kirby was standing a few feet away from us on the steps, breathing heavily. She was knocked out a bit ago, and Theo walked up to her, holding her hand, as she tried staying in balance. She shook her head, "no no..one of them had knocked me out—".

"—you were the one who killed my daughter". We all turned around and faced detective Bailey, but it was the sound of the gun, that made us turn back to kirby. She had her gun pointed right at him. "Are you crazy? You're saying I killed your daughter?".

"Well?" Sam raised her hands in the air. "It has to be one of you guys".

"Don't listen to him" Kirby mumbled, "Whatever..he's been saying to you is absolute bullshit and he's probably the killer—".

The shots were fired right at her as the two ghostfaces appeared right behind detective Bailey. Theo pulled me behind as he moved aside from Kirby's body on the ground—he was shaking out of fear and started mumbling to himself.

"It's you?" Tara question, she furrowed her eyebrows out of confusion, as she wiped away her tears.

He smirked. "Ah well of course it was me! Frankly I expected more from the two of you after what you did to us".

"Us?" I asked, "what do you mean us?".

Detective Bailey looked to his left, but before ghostface could reveal himself, he looked straight at me, what the hell was going on? All Bailey did was laugh, right in front of me.

"Reveal yourself you asshole!" I yell out, as I grabbed Sam's knife and pointed it right at him.

The mask slowly came off—and when it did, I dropped the knife to the ground. My heart was broken and I couldn't believe what I was seeing right in front of me.

"Ethan..." my voice shakes, "no..no, E".

And by the look on his face—he was regretting it all at this moment. He was giving me an apologetic look, a deep meaningful one before wiping it off and saying, "Mindy was right!" He laughs, "it was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was room with a conceded condescending alpha, literally named Chad! Fuck it felt good to kill him!".

I look back at Tara, who was eyeing Ethan down.

"What an amazing guy, huh Stella" Theo speaks, "You did this, you son of a bitch".

"Oh shut up, will you?" Ethan sassed. "I'm not the only one who's going to betray someone today".

"What?" Theo asks.

Another ghostface appeared behind Theo, he quickly moved out of the way as they playfully swiped their knife towards him. "Who are you?".

Ghostface shrugged their shoulders.

"I said who are you!".

They than took off the mask. This time, to reveal Natalia. This entire time she wasn't dead.

"Natalia..?" Me and Theo both say in unison.

"No, you died".

"I didn't" she laughs, "you see , I knew about Sam's history this entire time because she told me. What a smart move that was, right Sam? Though when we moved away I still had my plan acted out, it wasn't going to end there...had to bring in people I know".

I wanted to throw up at this very moment. It was getting hot in the room and I felt another panic attack coming in. Except this time, Ethan wasn't going to help me with this. But he took notice, he looked over at me then looked away quickly as he mumbled a sorry.

    "See this, Sam?" Ethan pointed at his Ghostface mask. "It was your grandmothers, Nancy Loomis? Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it? And speaking of family—"

    "—wait for it!".

   "My names not Ethan Landry! Isn't it dad?".

   "Dad!" I gasped, I watched as Ethan laughs with Bailey, he patted him on the back before their laughter died down. "I don't understand..."

    "What's not to understand?" Bailey asks. "You really thought he liked you and—"

   "—dad" Ethan cuts off.

    "He was apart of this act the entire time and all the i love you's think about it , did he mean it?".

    "Dad! Enough I-...stop".

    He was right. Did Ethan really mean all of what he said? I fell for a guy who probably didn't even want me, especially knowing this was his last night alive, my heart broke into a million pieces. Because as he tried interrupting his dad—he wanted him to stop talking.

    "Wait..wait, if it's you two..that just leaves...Mindy?".

   Before they revealed themselves Natalia skipped towards them, jumping up and down excitedly. "Oh! You're gonna love this!".

    They took off their mask—Quinn.

    Quinn was fucking dead. Her body was thrown right at me a few nights okay. There was no way I was seeing correctly.

    "Surprise..." she laughs. "Hey roomie! You didn't see that one coming, did ya?".

    "But you died?" Sam confusingly says.

    "Kinda didn't" she pursed her lips together, "so, it was a good way to get off the suspect list! Stab gale weathers, stop the train, stab Mindy, that kind of thing".

   The group all put their arms around each other , smirking right at us. Ethan was not making eye contact with me.

   "And I just had to make sure I was first on the scene! To switch the body up with fresh fake blood...all sorts of stuff" Bailey explains. "Eh? Ethan why don't you take care of little Stella".

     "W-What?" I stutter, taking a few steps back. Ethan came up to me and grabbed my arm. He was examining my face as he frowned at me, what the hell was he doing.

    "Don't touch her!" Theo yells, he tried walking up to us but Ethan swiped his knife at him, "stay back, theo. Or we'll have natalia deal with you".

    "Ethan.. what are you doing?" I ask, my body was shaking as he took me to the other room. He closed the door and dropped his knife to the ground.

    "Get out of here Stella" he whispers. He raised his hands in the air, signaling he wasn't going to hurt me. "Please get out of here. He thinks I'm gonna kill you. When I get out of this room, you leave from the back door".

    He wasn't going to hurt me. But, he still betrayed me and that's what hurt the most. He took a few steps closer to me—and I didn't step back. "I'm still the Ethan you know....I didn't even wanna do this".

    "I can't even trust you".

    He frowns. "Stella, please". The gap between us was becoming smaller and smaller. This wasn't right and me being here with Ethan was betraying everyone else. "I want to take you on that date. I need you to get out of here...but you know well you're not gonna see me again". He closed the gap between us, we were kissing again and this time everything just came crashing down. It was a kiss of sorry—apologizing, for what he did and was about to do to the rest. It was a long and slow kiss—and I hated it but I loved it.

    "—you bitch" , Quinn was standing at the door way. Me and Ethan pulled away from each other—he pushed me behind him and picked the knife back up from the floor. "If you're not gonna kill her Ethan, I'll do it".

    "Stella...run".

—> LENA SPEAKS 💌 🎟️
laughing, crying, my emotions all over the place
my two favs are so :(