FIVE

— NEW YORK CITY

STELLA'S POV ,

   I was fearing for the worst. Whatever storm was coming towards us wasn't like what happened in Woodsboro, which was why, we were all sitting in the living room with paper and pens—writing out detailed plans on a next escape. It had been two days since the last attack , and it was hard to move. Luckily both Chad and Tara were looking out for me when Ethan wasn't around. The stitches was what hurt the most. And having to get them out in a few weeks would be hurting even more. That night I had passed out due to loss of blood... which was quite a lot.

Mindy didn't let Ethan stay—Tara told her what had happened back at the university.

"Sam, can't you ask your hot neighbor if like.. we can stay there in case something happens?" Mindy asks, writing her thoughts on her paper.

Sam rolled her eyes, "how many times do I have to tell you guys, no. because that's weird".

"Haven't you guys been like staring each other down since we got here?" Quinn questioned, "because damn he's hot".

It was true. Sam's neighbor, Danny, was something alright.

I was sitting in between Ethan and Anika. Ethan was munching on cheez-it crackers listening in on everyone else's ideas. It was cute. He was more focused on drawing little doodles on his paper rather than giving out ideas.

"Tara has told me about Ethan's great escape".

Ethan looked up from his paper and frowned. "Listen I don't know what happened. This is my first encounter with ghostface and yes I found it weird too, okay?".

   I could tell he was getting tired of the accusations of him being ghostface. Mindy was on his ass about it and wouldn't leave him alone for the most part of it. Whenever he wasn't around Mindy would start coming up with ideas of how he could be attacking us anytime soon.

   Kind of made me feel bad. I didn't stick up for him.

   "You didn't get hurt, Ethan" she scoffed. "That makes me believe you know who's under that stupid ridiculous mask".

   "I told you guys, I don't!" Ethan exclaimed. He stood up from the ground and threw his pen, crumbling up his paper. "This is just sad". Then, he walks out the door and we all just stared at each other.

   "Aggression".

    I stood up as well. Chad grabbed my hand, "Stells, cmon. Just leave him".

   "No? Maybe just think how this makes him feel".

   It stayed quiet for a few minutes, exactly.

   "Maybe, if you were in his position and someone blamed you for being a literal murderer, you'll understand". I grip my hand away from Chad's and run out the room— seeing Ethan sitting down at the bottom of the stairs.

   "Don't listen to them, Mindy wants someone to blame" I say. "I get her theories make sense... but just ignore them".

   Ethan gives me a small smile. "You don't have to be here with me, Stella. You came from woodsboro so you should be listening to the plan. You're more at risk than me".

"Listen" I start, thinking about the time back in Woodsboro before all the attacks. "You remind me of my old friend Wes".

"What happened to him?".

"Um..he died" I frown, the thought of Wes made me sad. I hardly talked about him to others—he felt like a close friend to me, especially since Theo was never around anymore. "Ghostface killed him and his mother the same day. Mindy had told him he was safe because his mother wasn't a target anymore. But, she thought wrong".

"I'm sorry" he apologized. Ethan looked down at my leg, which I was bouncing up and down. He intertwined his hand with mine, trying to calm me down.

It kind of worked.

"Obviously, I'm not trying to wish death upon you but you did remind me of him".

Ethan laughs, "kinda taken back".

"Other than the fact that he was always prepared, he was such a great friend, like you" I say.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" he asks me.

"And do what—"

"Let's go to that haunted house down the street".

Perfect! Halloween and haunted houses, the time of the month which was my favorite. Well, used to be, currently it was not at this time being chased by a killer who wants me dead.

   We walked down the street to the haunted house. It was covered in cobwebs, smoke by the machines, and costumes all around in small graves.

   I noticed Ethan moving a bit closer to me as we make our way inside. It was harder to see in here because of the smoke but I tried my best to manage. I've never really spent time with Ethan outside the group, it was ever only during econ and when we hung out with Chad and Tara.

Although our time in econ, the first time we met. Was me having a panic attack, I was thankful he was there. From then on we sat together in class, he would give me some of his gummy worms, share his notes with me, etc.

I didn't have this small bond with him like the rest of the group, not even Anika, who I was friends with first.

"You okay?" he yells loudly, the music was blasting inside the house.

"Yup!" I respond.

"Cool..cool, totally not scared".

He definitely was.

The entire time he kept coming closer to me, to where he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, bringing me into a hug. I didn't mind, of course. I liked it.

Once we got out of the house he didn't move from his position until he realized I was laughing. "Sorry, el".

"El?" I question, "that's a new one, huh".

"I..I mean Stells..Stella..Stella".

I can see the blush pink across his cheeks. He nervously laughs and scratches the back of his head. "Ethan, that was very uh..."

"Embarrassing" he sighs.

We begin to walk away from the house. Not even knowing where we're going next. But to my mind we both knew we didn't want to go back to the apartment with the others. "No, it wasn't embarrassing. It was cute".

"Oh cmon" he rolls his eyes, and gives me and small smirk. "That was embarrassing, I stuttered too much and I acted like a baby in the haunted house".

"So?" I respond, "I was too".

"But you didn't show it".

"True....but whatever we had fun, didn't we?".

"Yes we did and I'd like to hang out with you again some more".

That thought made me smile. He liked hanging out with me and I liked hanging out with him. Realizing that he was maybe more than a friend, someone for comfort and having that great feeling— someone that was going to stay in my life forever.

Just then, I had an incoming call from Quinn.

"What does quinn want?" he asks, taking my phone and answering it. Which, was odd. He then realized what he did and immediately gave back my phone, cussing at himself.

"Hello? What's up Quinn".

"Quinn is gone".

"Quinn is gone?".

Ethan's smile fell. Turned into an immediate frown.

"Ethan, we gotta go back".

—> LENA SPEAKS 💌
thought id make a cute little chapter of just stells and ethan, obviously ending with a cliffhanger lol.

remember to vote and comment !! <33