TWENTY ONE : end

EPILOGUE
— NEW YORK CITY

STELLA'S POV

My eyes start to open back up as the blur vision of two figures are ahead of me. The machine was making noise as it tracked my heartbeat— beep after beep. It began to annoy me for the most part of it but it was something I needed to get used to. I look around in the room, still trying to adjust my eye-sight. Theo was sat on the chair but immediately got up when he noticed my movement.

"Holy shit!" He gasps, running towards the bed and giving me a hug. "You're awake. You're doing better".

"—I..I don't understand" I stutter, "I lost so much blood Theo".

He nods his head, "I'm aware. Everything is fine now. You just have to rest".

"Who made it out alive..."

"Chad, actually" he smiles.

"Chad?" I question. He was stabbed right in front of me and I feared for the worst that he had for sure been dead. Gone , right in front of our eyes. I had immediately thought of Tara. But now, I can imagine how happy she is that Chad is safe and alive.

     I felt this sudden relief in my stomach. He made it out alive again, he did it last time, he did it again this time. And god I hope there wasn't another.

     "Can I go see Chad?" I asked Theo.

     "He's asleep" he says. "But I'll take you to him when he wakes up. Okay?".

      I nod my head and lay back down. I was glad this was over. No more ghostface, everyone we had fought was dead. And maybe , we could finally have peace for once.

——

THREE MONTHS LATER
NEW YORK CITY

     I couldn't say we were free from all the ghostface shit that was happening around us. Every little encounter people would get, they would taunt us, trying to scare us, most importantly me. Making fun of me because my boyfriend turned out to be ghostface and tried killing my friends the entire time I was with him.

     I sat in the new apartment with Tara, Chad, and Mindy. The four of us decided to move in together as Danny and Sam shared their own place, Theo & Kirby theirs. It was a little cozy in this apartment—cute nice comfortable space I had in all year I spent in New York.

    "I'm getting hungry" Chad says, as he sits on the couch and turns the tv on. He still had his crutches with him, and a huge scar across his stomach that showed.

    I look up at the two, "I can go get food? What do y'all want".

    "Sushi?" Tara asks. "Craving that". Chad replied with a thumbs up as he was focused on his game. 

    "Got it" I say, "Sushi it is, I'll be back as soon as I can!".

    But before I can leave the door Tara shouts, "Ells, don't go see him. He's not worth your time anymore".

    I simply ignore Tara and make my way out the door. I didn't care if he wasn't worth my time anymore. Nor did I ever want to stop seeing him. But the news that came to me that he was alive made me so happy. Though the guilt that came over me each time I saw him made me think of Anika, Tara, Sam, Chad, and Mindy. He wanted to hurt them and he tried to and got away with Anika's; but not the rest.

    The restaurant was down the street, luckily it wasn't a far walk from home. I ordered our usual and waited about 20 minutes for our food to be done, plus ordered extra for him. I stood by the corner of the street and called a taxi; patiently as I waited, he came over and pulled up.

    "Thank you" I replied. The taxi driver asked for the address and I quickly give him one without saying another word. The drive wasn't too far as well, only a good five minutes; which I could've walked but my back was still in pain due to the surgery I had gotten 2 weeks after the attack. The doctors said I was lucky to be able to walk and have a fast recovery— the same for Chad.

    "Your stop" he says.

      I look up at the building and sigh. The last time I had visited him was about three weeks ago. Which, I wasn't allowed to in the first place. Ethan, was on his own. No family members to take care of him and he took care of himself.

      I knock on the door and waited, waited , and waited. The footsteps came closer to the door and it slowly opened. "Stells, you're here?".

    "Ethan" I give him a small smile. "I brought you some food". He looks down at the bag and opens the door for me to walk in.

    "You didn't have to" he replies. He takes the bag gently from my hand and places it on the table. "There's two?".

    "One for me and one for you" I say.

    Ethan pulls out the chair for me to sit, "Stella you don't have to stay with me. I already told you it's best for you to leave".

    "You're crazy" I frown, I reach for his hand but he flinches at first "I don't want to touch you, Stells. Im afraid of hurting you" he spoke.

   "You don't have anyone at all. Ethan, at this point you only have me and I don't want to leave you alone".

    "But" he starts, "every time I see you I just think of how I lied to you. I lied straight to your face, how could you still love me?".

    "Because the Ethan I knew wasn't so bad after all" I smile, which caused him to smile a little as well. "You still tried to protect me even when you revealed yourself as ghostface".

    "I still think your crazy" he laughs. "And I'm the crazy one here, Stells".

     I didn't reply to him—all I did was give him a hug and kissed him on the cheek.

    "I still love you, I promise" I tell him. "Even though nothing happened in the way we wanted...I will always be here for you".

    "I love you too".

LENA SPEAKS 💌 🎟️
and...that's the end of mastermind.
i wanted to thank you guys so much for showing
so much love for this book + your guys' comments crack me up every single time! thank you again y'all are amazing <3333

if you want more ethan check out my new book
no control! which chapter one will be uploaded soon!

if you guys want any jack ! check out in between and shooting stars <33

again thank you guys so so much. i love u all !!!