NINE

— NEW YORK CITY

STELLA'S POV

   After searching the theater for what seemed like forever, me and Theo were off to get food. The rest had gone back to the apartment to come up with a plan to capture ghostface, besides Kirby and Detective Bailey, who had gone back to the station. The two had discussions about who could be a potential ghostface. Their signs were pointing to someone in the past— seeming as why we got a call from Richie. They wanted to know who we knew that was still out there, but it was no one. Everyone who had turned on us was dead, and it was a matter of time that whoever betrayed us next was going to die. . . just like always.

    It was nine o'clock pm, we both stopped right in front of the pizza shop. As much as I didn't enjoy pizza, everyone else had agreed on this for dinner. Though, Ethan was kind enough to give me his peanut butter and jelly sandwich he had packed.

   "Seriously?" I questioned, looking down at the pizza that had mushrooms and olives on it. "Who's idea was it to order it like this?".

   "Sam..."

   "Well that's weird!".

   The New York streets were busy tonight. As seeming, halloween was getting closer and closer, more people were still putting out decorations. Even if it was the littlest thing such as a pumpkin, people were still in the scary spirit. As we approached the next street, cop cars were filled all around the block.

   Shit. What happened now.

   I look over at Theo, scooting closer to him. Whatever this was...it wasn't good. There were multiple medic services here dashing to the door. The police had bags of evidence in their hands...one being a ghostface mask. We walked closer to the scene, I looked at the bodies, it was two siblings from my art class.

   "We found this" the police officer says, holding up a sign that said , the two siblings are next.

   What the hell did that mean? Sam and Tara? Mindy and Chad..?

   "Let's get out of here" Theo sighs, grabbing my arm and walking faster.

   "Theo.." — "that said the two siblings are next".

   "I'm sure it just meant them.. like those siblings" he says with ease, trying to calm me down. "Nothing is going to happen to your friends".

Of course I didn't believe him. With all the events that were happening it was hard to tell who was safe and who wasn't. My best guess was Tara and Sam being safe, they always knew what to do and their plans never fail. Although, the twins, I was worried about them, and worried about myself. This was just an honest disaster.

As soon as we get home we immediately turn the television on. Sam looks at us as if we were crazy until she saw what had happened. I feel Ethan come besides me, his hands intertwining with mine. He was scared, and so was I.

Mindy turns to Ethan, "you're safe, for now".

Ethan then turns red. He looks at me before saying, "you're just insane! I can't believe it".

"me? Insane?" Mindy laughs, "you probably have someone secretly doing all this dirty work for you. That's also very obvious".

"Mindy..." I start.

"Save it, Stells" she stops me. "I love you a lot but I can't trust him at all. After all, he killed Anika and Natalia".

My heart sinks. I could tell Ethan felt more uncomfortable because he had squeezed my hand, a sign of him wanting out of this situation. So, I got up with him and left the room. It was happening again, the same blaming over and over again, however this time, Chad came after us.

"I'm going with!" Chad calls out, hurrying out the door as he puts on his hoodie.

"Chad, it's okay, really".

"Stells, no" he sighs. "Let's just go get our own food and call it a night back at the dorms".

Me and Ethan both look at each other, agreeing with his plan. Us three haven't had a hang out in awhile since the party. Most of the time I'd hang out in the dorm room from time to time, playing uno, which Chad would somehow always win. Ethan, would call him out for cheating but never had a good reason. We were our own little group, us three, it was heartwarming.

We walk into a restaurant, a small, take-out place. This was my first time here, Chad and Ethan had come before, so, they ordered the food.

Ethan pulled the chair out for me, smiling. I gladly take the seat—Chad was grinning at us. "What..." Ethan nervously says. He breaks the eye contact with Chad and sits down.

"You finally got Stells" Chad says, giving him a high five.

"Friends" I quickly imply, "...I don't know".

Ethan turns my way and smiles. "Well, whatever we are, I like it".

"Bleh" Chad irks.

For awhile, we sat down, and waited for our food to be finished. It took about thirty minutes or so, which surprisingly was quick since the boys had ordered a ton of food. However,

Chad stays silent. His mouth drops open and he quickly gets up, "get behind me".

Without even looking I knew exactly what was about to happen. The cashier runs out from behind, before leaving money on the counter, assuming he'd wanted it. But he was wrong.

Ethan was quick to grab my hand and pull me behind Chad. I hear him curse under his breath fuck fuck fuck.

Ghostface starts running towards us and Chad grabs my arm this time, Ethan following behind me. He swung his knife, but missed, nearly getting me.

"god dammit" Ethan yells, I looked back and he was on the floor. He was holding his knee as he was bleeding out.

"Ethan!" I yell, "look out!".

He looks up and quickly moves away from Ghostface. I move away from Chad and rush over to Ethan, helping him up from the ground. He was bleeding a lot, a piece of glass had cut him on the knee, "this shit hurts" he groans, rolling his eyes.

By then, Chad had dashed out the restaurant doors. At least he was safe.

   At this point Ethan couldn't walk due to the pain on his knee. Bending it over and over would cause the wound to open up even more, "Ethan...".

   "What?".

   "The door is open" I say, my breath was short, I couldn't hold Ethan up longer anymore. I look back at Ghostface, they waved the knife in the air. That sick mother fucker was taunting us and it was horrible.

   Ethan was holding on the table. "Stells, go, I don't care, you go".

   "you're crazy!" I exclaimed, "Chad seriously fuck you right now". I take one look at Ghostface, once again, "I am so sorry Ethan".

   "Stells what are you—".

   I push Ethan out the door. Once I do, I try and make a run for it but couldn't. Ghostface grabbed me from behind and stabbed me in the same place I was stabbed before. Those stitches were now out and gone. I didn't even think about the next stab, it happened quickly.

   Another one on my leg.

   One more on my stomach.

   Again, right in the stomach.

   "STELLA" Ethan yells out. I see him trying to get up but he fails yet again. Chad had rushed back to us, he looks up, horror written all over his face as he watched me bleed out.

   "GO GET HER" I hear Ethan say. That was the last thing I heard.

   Before I blacked out.

—> LENA SPEAKS 💌
lol ! poor stella cannot get a break :(
— but this ch is very important for the future

btw yes i am writing in the deleted hospital scene with mindy and ethan !