A Monster *

I was in the conference room alone. Bruce had to clear up a few things. Fury was in all of his slow zoom badassness, commanding the fleet of agents who tapped away at their various computers. The whole operation running like a well-oiled machine. Agent Coulson entered, exchanged a few words with Fury and then came to stand before me.

"You're ruining the view," I smirked and I could tell that Coulson was tempted to roll his eyes but didn't. His hands were clasped together before him, a folder labelled the Avengers Initiative stamped on the front.

"I'd say I am the view but that'd be selfish of me, besides, I can't say I'm physically desirable enough to achieve that title,"

"Aw, don't say that, follow your dreams Phil, don't let anyone tell you anything else." I joked, resting my chin on the palm of my left hand.

"Thanks for coming, I know it's hard," Coulson said gently, trying not to hit any land mines. Out of all of the people here, I was sure Coulson understood my struggle the most. He had been there, when I was first found, uncontrollable. He was the first person to witness, and survive, Castor.

"What happened?" I sobbed. Studying my shaking hands with trembling fear. Blue veins criss-crossed the palms of my skin. I was in a while circular cell. The place was lightly lit, almost blinding. A glass separated Agent Coulson and I. He was the first being to come inside after I had awoken.

Tesseract. Code Red. Dangerous. Becky Banner.

The voices increased in chatter, more joined the fray. However, there was only one voice I could separate from the others

You did this. She taunted. You're the reason why they fear you. You will never be accepted. Or loved. Because you are too dangerous to even be near them.

I don't believe you.

"The blue cube you touched?" As the agent talked I crawled to the side of the cell, in front of the agent. "It was a very powerful object. It seemed to have bestowed it's power upon you. I'm not sure. Frankly, we aren't sure of anything at this point. But we need to keep you away from the human population."

"Because I'm dangerous," tears began to spill and I made no effort to wipe them away, I turned away and leaned my back against the glass, "because I killed people. Because I'm a murderer... A monster."

"Yeah," I sighed, "I guess I'll just have to deal with it," Coulson walked back to oversee the Face-Trace. Sometimes he'd walk back and forth, looking over the shoulders of the agents. The whole operation was very mechanical and reminded me of farmers harvesting their crops during the Autumn.

"We have a twelve percent match. Wait, no, incorrect match," Coulson walked forwards and over the shoulder of the agent.

"Who is it?" He asked. "And where is he?"

"Just an actor sir, Britian,"

The fuss melted down and soon, the agents returned to normal. But this time, Coulson had more of a jittered hop in his step. I began to play with the Holographs on the table. When they bored me, I returned my attention to the procession of agents.

In the orderly lines, I spotted Maria Hill almost strutting back and forth. She turned to Fury, "We're at lock, sir,"

"Good, let's vanish." He spoke and the chatter increased as the retro-reflection panels, which Phil told me were invisibility tech, were initiated.

Bruce and a man who I presumed to be was Captain America from Phil's excited gasping entered. Phil immediately straightened up and I tried not to snort into my hand. Phil was like a young scout boy trying to impress his leader.