Food Fight *

I woke up, another day working, hacking, or treating some other crazy kid. I sighed, I was getting sick of this routine. I'd walk to the Mess Hall, sit alone at the tables since Natasha and Clint were on missions. Probably get tripped up on the way back because of some vengeful agent, pick at their brain, but only just enough so that the mandatory bracelets wouldn't send off the sirens.

I dressed, black canvas pants and a fitting bright blue shirt, I slipped on the cuffs. The shirt was practically neon and as I walked to my table in the mess hall I felt eyes following me. I might as well had a sign that said, "LOKIS' DAUGHTER HERE, PLEASE STARE." It's purpose was, I guess, to make agents aware of my presence in the case of a prison break. The cuffs kept a restraint on some of my abilities like telekinesis, ergokinesis and mind control, healing and mind reading were somehow still a factor that I remained to keep. Wonderful.

I entered into the Mess Hall, conversation within a forty-metre radius faltered or completely halted. I managed to walk, without running over to the line. And waited patiently. Every inch within me urged to go and sweep up a tray with my telekinesis and run back to my cell. However, as much as I wouldn't like to admit, I needed the trust of these people. The guy whose tray I swiped couldn't be on security detail and 'accidentally' hit too hard on the disengage cell button.

I waited patiently, wanting just to push to the front of the line and leave but as I was about to grab my tray, a burly agent decided to slip in front of me. His skin was tanned and he was a good two feet taller than me. I suppressed a groan, Pearly was back for another round of sass fights.

"Thanks Princess," He flashed me a smile full of pearly whites (hence the name).

"I have a question for you," I said in a completely conversational tone, "Is everyone in this line an asshole?"

"Huh?"

"Is everyone you just cut in front of, an asshole?"

"Not necessarily,"

"So it's just you then?"

"I have work to get back to, I don't have time for prissies,"

"And I have to re-instate the president's firewall program," I lied and then pointed to elfish girl a few people back, "and she has to make sure that this base's oxygen levels are up to standard, and he has to try and track a hit list of white caps, they have to oversee an evac mission forty miles away from civilisation in hostile territory. We all have a finite amount of time. Now get to the back of the line." There was a few sniggers overlaid with coughing. Pearly whites licked his tan-coloured lips, for a second he considered. I bit my lip, one eyebrow raised.

Agent Gordan Mac moved like a predatory snake, his fist swung and crunched into my face. I bit my lip too hard and was sent failing down to the ground with a grunt. I blinked, holding my nose barely and inch from the ground. A trickle of hot liquid dropped down my lip and two small circles formed on the scuffed ground.

Blood roared in my ears and I stood slowly, the agents around us were frozen, perhaps they thought they'd be punished if they intervened?

"You shouldn't have done that," I said my words cold as ice. My hands began to tremble and trays began clattering in the background.

"Just because you're a superhero and your dad is big bad Loki, doesn't mean I'm afraid of you,"

"You should be," I stood and spun, slapping him across the face with a closed fist. He went flying for several metres and crashed into the catering tables, spilling the food. Some behind me groaned.

Oops.

The tingling of blood flow spread across my back and ran down my arms. In the corner of my eyes I noticed my hair slowly growing lighter. A devilish smirk spread across my face. Every movement within the room I became aware of; the slow shuffle backwards of the surrounding agents, the spiced bacon still popping in the pan...