Epilogue *

Song ~ Big Jet Plane, Angus and Julia Stone

...Several Weeks Later...

I still resided in my cell, certain that I would hurt someone if I strayed too far away. Castor had returned, and reported that this was not an illusion, many times. Even with her confirmation, I still was tense, expecting to wake up, to see the Punisher leering over me. His blood covered whip, crimson, with my blood.

The visions haunted me at night, walking through tombstones, their blood in my hands, the message delivered through the vision. It only took a little time to make up my mind, the scarring of recent trails were permeantly brandished onto my skin. I couldn't let that happen to the ones I loved.

"Hey Tony," I said as I walked into his workshop, Jarvis was kind enough to give me Tony's current location, even if it took a few hours to connect to him.

"Hey Moonshine," he replied not looking up from his task.

"I need to ask of you a favour," I said to him.

"Anything Moonshine, unless it's getting into my bed, you don't really need to ask,"

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "You know how you can hack SHIELD faster than me?"

...

"Why have you called us here Miss Banner?" Nick Fury asked, his hands clasped in front of him.

"And more importantly, why at four in the morning?" Tony dramatically yawned and flopped onto the table.

The Avengers were assembled on the Bridge, Thor was back from Asgard, checking up on me. Every time he looked at me I did his best to avoid his gaze. I was angry at him for stopping my access to my father, so I tried to see it in the most optimistic light I could.

I rung out my fingers like the way one might wring out a dishcloth.

"I need to say goodbye," I admitted, and motioned to give me a moment to continue. "During a vision under Thanos' instruction, I was delivered a message. A message that indicated that a war is coming, a war in which, you will be lucky to escape with your lives."

"Your saying you didn't report this information before?" Fury asked, seeing me as a threat once more.

"Let me continue," I bit my lip to stop myself from crying, my voice shaky, "he said, that not only will he kill everyone, but it will be done by my hand," I turned away, afraid to see their disgusted expressions.

"Moonshine? I'm not sure why you're worried, we'll just find a way to restrain you," Tony said softly.

"But you can't," tears began to fall, and I turned back to the rest of them, "I can't make that kind of risk,"

"Becky-" Bruce began stepping forwards.

"Don't," my voice broke, "this is the only way, please don't tell me otherwise, this is it,"

I took a deep breath looking at each one of them truly. Steve, a beanpole whose dreams were fulfilled with a serum, and is also the most right-hearted, spangled-wearing man a girl can find. Maybe one day he'll find a girl that can cure his lost heart.

Clint, a bird whose flown through too many storms for one to take, yet soldiers on and is pretty damn fine with a bow and a paintball gun. I had hope for him that one day he might manage his facebook status.

Natasha, a sassy, red-headed assassin, who I didn't know as well as I would've liked yet still is an excellent water balloon maker and a master pranker. Hopefully the bird and the spider might sort out their feelings.

Tony, a tech-headed, wise-crack genius with a drinking problem and an obsession to give really retarded names to everything.

Thor, an unwashed barbie doll on steroids with a secret love for poptarts.

Bruce, I knew out of all of them would be the hardest to say goodbye to. He was my secret knight in armour, maybe he didn't save the day every time, but he was the comfort I needed to survive. Bruce, my brother, my cousin, my friend. Someone who we had pinky sworn over candlelight never to forget. Never to let one another to be alone. To always be there for the other.

"Goodbye guys," I said, tears running in rapid fire down my cheeks.

They stood up in objection, but I already knew the words that would stop them, stop them from remembering. The words that would make them forget. Forget me.

I had known the words ever since I had told Bruce to leave the cell after Loki had been killed.

Forget me.

The Avengers froze. They all looked peaceful in frozen time, soon, they would wake up, unsure of their location or the reason why they were assembled. Clint, Natasha and Steve would forget their friend, Tony would forget the Scince Bro Trio, Thor would forget his niece, Loki would forget his daughter, and Bruce, Bruce would forget his sister.

I left the Bridge, passing a weary Coulson, "Who are you?" He asked, confusion etched onto his face.

"I'm not sure anymore," I said softly and passed by him, ignoring his objections.

Love is weird. I, as a hacker and gamer, believe that love is a chemical reaction to encourage the reproduction of a species and stupidity of characters. Love is a word to describe a fierce bond between her mother and child.

But I also believe in magic.

I believe that love is an unexplainable force, that it can cause miracles and the impossible to become a reality. That love so strong, can cause wars, there are many different types of love, love for an object, love for a friend. Love for a sibling. Love that can send us away in fear of harm to another. Love that could slaughter thousands.

Love that could heal a broken heart.

The sun kissed my face as I stood atop the helicarrier, wind lashing at my cheeks, ripping the tears from them.

It was dawn, how fitting, a fresh start, a new beginning. I looked at my lanyard. A SHIELD card.

For a moment, I looked back, back to the fading stars, cloaked in their blankets of velvet. It was time to let the stars go. It was time to start over, time to never look back. For when you look over your shoulder there is pain.

I was the Disgraced Avenger after all.

It was time for new beginnings.

And I teleported away to it.

...

The Air's POV

"So Mr Banner, is that what you want me to call you?" The interviewer asked Bruce who was seated across from her.

"What's this?" Natasha asked, looking through the observation window.

"Representative from a studio, I'm not sure which one though," Clint informed.

"They want to do a movie about the Avengers," Tony added.

Natasha snorted and rolled her eyes, "well I hope Banner know how to hold his cup, he better not give too much away,"

"Um, Dr Banner is fine," Bruce wrung out his hands, a habit he picked up from someone close to him.

"So who are the people are on your team?" The representative asked.

"Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America, myself, Thor and..." He trailed off.

"Is he counting Coulson as a member?" Clint asked, confused.

The interviewer picked up on his pause, "Is there anyone else Dr Banner?"

"No," Bruce said slowly, "I don't believe there is,"

END OF BOOK ONE