The Final Fight *

Everyone looked out of their element, Nat and Clint were trained to fight global threats. Terrorists and Russian bad guys, not saying that all Russians were bad guys but yeah... Steve looked grim, he was someone born almost a hundred years ago, not cut out for fighting against aliens from outer space.

Even I felt uncomfortable, I mean, that thing looked huge.

As it flew over us Chitauri soldiers leaped off the Caterpillar, sliding down the edges of buildings and firing their weapons at people, who scattered like ducks.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked incredulously over the coms. I slid down behind the overturned car that I was hiding behind, my vision danced and nausea made me want to throw up. Sweat beaded my forehead and through the nausea and dizziness a migraine stabbed at my temple; the warning signs of too much power usage.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Bannerboy? Has he shown up yet?" Tony replied.

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted,"

Castor was out, unconscious would be the only way to describe it. She couldn't communicate, the exhaustion of a mortal body constricting her abilities. I pressed the back of my head to the bent metal behind me and flattened my hands to the warm tarmac, summoning the energy to move. I pressed my tongue to stem the flow of blood on the inside of my cheek.

Steve looked distressed, watching the civilians run in fear and panic. He joined us in taking cover behind some turned over taxis. Natasha reloaded while Clint fired. They spared a few seconds of offence to listen on in.

"We've got civilians trapped-" Clint was cut off by a Loki and a following of Chitauri Chariot soldiers flying overhead.

"Loki..." Steve glared and the reindeer, analysing his target wistfully then drawing back to the fight. "Those people need assistance down there,"

A small gathering of Chitauri soldiers dropped from the Chariots and began firing at us. Natasha pulled out her pistols and shot back. Her hair whipping over her face, steely fear strong. Her wrist trembled from the recoil of her guns.

"We got this. It's good. Go!"

"You think you can hold them off?" Steve directed the question at Clint.

"Captain," A mechanical shifting in Clint's quiver meant that he was using a bonus round arrow, "it would be my genuine pleasure,"

Clint bounced to the balls of his feet and fired an arrow into a Chitauri's face which also took out the surrounding soldiers as well. The arrow spared a few seconds for Steve to jump over the bridge.

"Aw yess! Bonus arrow for the win!" I gasped, trying for an excited child. Clint gave me the really? look as I gave him a bloody smile, I slumped back down.

A few explosives and arrows later, Clint crouched next to my quivering form.

"Bec, you need to get up, go with the civilians, we won't judge, or fight," his voice was calm for being in the middle of the war zone.

"Clint-" I huffed, every breath, every word paining me to speak, "I can't do anything while Castor's down."

"Your choice really, but we're running out of time," He stood back and began firing at the Chitauri.