Humanity and Caterpillars *

"Please tell me your going to appeal to my humanity," Loki grinned, sceptre in hand. I blinked away the tears and blurry vision and picked myself up feeling dizzy when my hand came away wet from dabbing at a sore spot on my head. The red smeared on my jeans as I attempted to push myself up.

Tony was up at his bar, his supposed alcoholism coming into play even in the pre-climax. I wanted to yell at him that this wasn't the time for drinking and that the Tesseract was near.

The Tesseract.

I could feel it's buzz of energy, drawing me closer, pulling me near, it was almost like a physical magnetation where I could feel myself being slowly pulled towards it. It screeched in my thoughts and sent Castor berserk. She was kicking and screaming and writhing. The closer we were to the Tesseract, the more dangerous and unstable we became.

"Uh... Actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Stark replied in his usual, sarcastic tone. Raised his eyebrows, unintimidated. Classic Tony.

"You should have left your armour on for that,"

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage, you've got the blue stick of destiny and moonshine over there. Would you like a drink?"

Moonshine?

He named you after a brand of alcohol. He totally has the hots for you, Castor gasped through her random spasms.

"Stalling me won't change anything,"

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one," Tony walked over to his bar and poured himself a drink. Appearing totally at ease with Loki, it was difficult to tell what was really going on. He seemed very bipolar in his approach to Loki.

Loki walked to the window overlooking the Empire State Building. "The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Like any other typical super villain, Loki had it under control. He was going to sweep in in the hero's moment of weakness, claim the world and laze around on his winnings. Watching his brother suffer with glee.

But maybe it wasn't just that.

"The Avengers," Loki looked slightly confused, Tony let himself explain, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing,"

A particularly strong burst of Tesseract energy made me cry out and clutch at my head. I stumbled against the wall and would've fallen over if I hadn't found support on a random table.

Stop it! Castor cried, we need to get away from the Tesseract! Or we're all gonna die before the battle even begins!

Well what do you want me to do?

I don't know. Get out of here, away from the rooftop, take the stairs, the elevator, jump out of the window.

"Yes, I've met them," Loki smiled. That same smile which he gives when he's done something that has caused a lot of headaches for someone.

I began to survey the room, the door was locked, the elevator would take too long to get to, jumping out of the window seemed drastic and I couldn't count on the fact that Castor would be able to save us in time.

"Yeah, it takes us a while for us to get any traction. I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here; your brother; the demigod, a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend," self-centred Stark always thinking about himself, all he was missing was a hair flick, "two cousins with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them," Tony started walking towards Loki, glass still in hand.