Eggs and Escapees *

I awoke sometime past dawn, optimistic of my success. I managed to link with Bruce, luckily he had been unconscious at the same time. His dreams filled with darkness, nightmares of me in Loki's clutches. But from his grudging tone, it sounded like he'd sedatives to stop his worry. Lucky for both of us.

I'd given him all the information I could muster. Hopefully it would give SHIELD some new leads. I mean a beach with pebbly rocks and not too cold.

If he even assumes it's real. Castor muttered.

Of course he'll believe it's real, how could he not?

He's a scientist, he's hard-wired to question existence itself.

With that seed of doubt planted I'm my mind, I changed into another set of jeans and shirts, apparently the only thing Loki knew about fashion was dresses, pants and tops. Thank the Lord that he got the pants and top bit right. I can't stand dresses, that's Castor's thing.

The door was unlocked, I realised with a start. I crept down a wooden hallway until it opened up to a large living space. Floor to ceiling windows overlooked sparse beach-grass rippling in the slow wind. On the opposite side, large fields stretched to a cliff point.

The room was flooded with light, and gave a smooth relaxed feel that you'd find in prize homes.

The room that I studied hosted the kitchen, the living space and a large dining room table. At the kitchen, Loki was cooking eggs. However from the smell in the air, he obviously wasn't having much luck.

"Stupid Midgardian food," he kept muttering as I tiptoed near.

He wore the same simple clothes, like the ones he wore the other days I had seen him.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I neared.

He spun around, the eggs on his spatula flying through the air, straight at me. I ducked with a yelp and proceeded to watch as it comically slid down a once clean, window.

"Preparing breakfast," he muttered and went back to his work of destroying countless chicken's hard work.

"Are you sure that up you're not trying to kill us with your bad poisoning instead?" I said warily as I sat down at a bar stool, next to the door.

Loki grumbled and cracked another egg into the frypan. I laughed as I watched it sizzle.

"Okay, first of all, you need to open the vent. Otherwise we'll die in here," after some trouble finding it, Loki opened the vent, "then, you need to add a lubricant for the eggs and frypan,"

"What is this-"

"Oil, or sometimes spray, butter works fine,"

As Loki discarded the already burnt eggs, I let my fingers drift to the door lock. Wondering if I could make a run for it. I eyed the boat sitting in the shore, I can't swim but maybe I could row.

He added a slab of butter to the pan and cocked his head with interest as he watched it sizzle.

"And now you can add the egg, wait until it isn't reflective anymore,"

My fingers found the lock, I pulled it upward so it was unlocked with a rather loud click.

"Do not think that I am not aware of what you are doing," Loki growled, still watching the eggs intently.

"Okay," I said and slid the door open, "bye!" And rushed out of the house.

I ran for the boat, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the magical barrier. Maybe if I could just get past it-

"Rebecca!" Loki shouted as he ran, just leaping out of the door, "come back here!"

"That's my aunt's name!" I cried joyously, freedom making me giddy. "Not mine!"

With newfound motivation, I pushed harder, the long grass whipping at my legs. My breath coming out in short, frantic gasps. I never was the one to train for athletics, and now I cursed myself for not trying.

I kept attempting to teleport, knowing that would widen the gap immensely. Yet I kept bouncing back, sometimes two or three meters at a time.

The barrier's border came closer with each step. I passed through it, breathing in freedom.

Something else, happened as well, I felt my abilities return to me, coursing through my veins, Loki had somehow restricted my connection to the Tesseract, now, I could teleport, if I tried. I felt myself fall to the gritty sand from the onslaught of power. Thoughts of the Avengers and their location fluttered into my mind, ready to teleport away.

Worried Bruce, emotionless Natasha, sarcastic Stark, stressed-out Steve, Clint, Thor, Fury, Maria. I focused my energy on any one of them, knowing that I just needed to escape from this place. Feeling the weightless sensation of the teleport, I rejoiced in my triumph.

Yet, as I was about to jump away from this place, something slammed me onto the ground. Loki.

"Get off me!" I cried.

"You. Should not have. Gone. Outside. The. Barrier." He grunted as he tried to constrain me.

"Screw you," I cried, as he dragged me back to the house. My connection to my abilities almost severed, the smallest amount of energy still residing within me.

We were back inside the border again. I was just able to free myself from his grasp, before he caught me again.

"Stop this nonsense," he grunted, dragging me closer to the house.

"Help!" I screeched, knowing no one could hear me, it was worth a shot.

Loki covered my mouth with his hand, which I quickly bit. He hissed and shook out his hand. He nspected the bite, then continued on dragging me up to my room.

"Look, you burnt the eggs," He snapped as we passed the blackened egg.

Once we arrived, after much kicking and screaming, plus many more bruises for both of us. Loki threw me upon my bed.

I stood up to face him, but the fury on his face was so intense, that I took an unconscious step back. It twisted his face into a scowl, baring his teeth like an animal.

With a split second, his face changed, it was as if a mask had dropped. With that, he simply left my room, locking the door behind him.

What had just happened came crashing down on me and I dropped onto my bed, sobbing. I was so close to freedom, yet he ruined it. Like he ruined a lot of things in my life.

I want to go home.

If you have any questions about the characters or little bits that you don't understand, please ask and I will answer them as soon as possible (so very quickly).

Question of the Day: have you read any Marvel comic books, if so, which ones and how many?

I'm thinking about reading them, I'm going to go and ask google now...

HULK SMASH!