Galaga, Algorithims and Castor Returns *

"Your algorithm is flawed," Bruce sniffed, I sent him a mock glare and walked over to where he was checking over it. We'd returned from the whole Loki expedition and I'd decided to check in on Bruce before I attended the meeting about Loki.

"It is-" I protested, trying to see the fault that Bruce saw.

"Too, the formula right," Bruce pointed to a section of the coding that I had produced, "there, is wrong, the location would be a few miles to the West,"

I revised the formula, and made a few adjustments. After a few moments I addressed one of the questions that had been hanging in the back of my head for a while.

"How's the cure going?"

"Not well," he grimaced and I ran a hand through my hair. Like Bruce, I had dark hair, but whilst he had brown eyes, I had mossy green ones. Despite the odd transformation with Castor, I still had more faith in the cure than my own self control. I turned away to look outside, trying to hide my disappointment, the sky outside was dark, stars sprinkling the blackness.

I rubbed my forehead, feeling a thrum against my skull, the pounding against my skull increasing. I suspected it was from Castor's unexplained defeat at the transformation. Was there something wrong with her? With us?

After seeming somewhat satisfied, checking over my algorithm, Bruce went back to his work on Protons.

Something caught my eye, as I rubbed my head, a man, accompanied by soldiers, dressed in medieval-like clothing. His dark hair, slicked back, he gave Bruce a devilish smile. Loki.

The thrumming in my head instantly increased, any sound that passed my ears was not noticed. I clenched my teeth and counted the seconds until it passed. His words still bouncing through my head.

...

We were gathered in the Conference room. On the bridge, agents tapped away on computers, Bruce stood pacing back and forth. Steve sat at the table. Thor, apparently a Norse god, according to SHIELD's files, had also become allies with SHIELD, stood deep in thought. Loki was his brother. Natasha, another SHIELD agent and a previous friend sat at the table.

"I'm gonna die," I sobbed, laying on my back in the cell, my limbs splayed like a star. Every millimetre of my being ached and tears trickled down my soft cheekbones. My head was sore from the transformation and my body felt as if it had the same consistency of jelly.

"Suck it up," Someone snapped from outside the cell. I rolled over to see a stern-faced agent with curly red hair. Her features reminded me of a porcelain doll, however her facial expression said anything but. It was hard to get a read on her, the agent's willpower was string and her mind guarded.

"I'm a fifteen-year-old hormonal girl struggling with an alter-ego," I complained, "I can whine at the base of the Earth if I want to," According to Phil, we were very deeply buried, so that the world outside wouldn't blow up if Castor wanted fireworks.

"Deal with it," the Agent snapped, her gaze was terrifying. She could probably roast a chicken with the amount of hate in the glare, "we all have problems, yours is just more unique,"

"Who are you? I doubt you know what it's really like," I snapped, turning away from the agent.

"My name is Natasha Romanoff, I'm a SHIELD agent, and yes, I may not know the struggle you are going through, but we all have demons," her voice sorted and she took a steady breath, "and Fury thought it'd be a good idea to share mine."

Natasha watched footage of Fury giving a lecture to Loki about the cage he was in. Her gaze was careful, she watched how Loki moved, how he interacted. No doubt Fury who was secretly enjoying his small victory, would be sending Natasha in later.