17. POISON

Our college professors are going to a conference in Berlin, Germany so we have little vacation. I was watching Tut (Egyptian mummy) documentry film I likes to explore about history. I hear door opening voice it's 2:00 pm who can come only Bhai, Faisal, Savio and Zack knows password including me. I heard footsteps and guess what happened? Eight wonder of the world no no it's Faisal's smile, ninth wonder of the world. Mr. Workaholic came home early. This happens only one time in 100 years. He eyed me confusingly

-"You haven't gone to college?"

-"I'm having holidays."

He nodded and went to kitchen. He is looking tired and his voice is also dull. Voice of glass breaking came from kitchen I ran towards it. There he was standing holding the table tightly for support and a broken glass of water was on the floor. I hold him he is not able to stand properly. I helped him to walk towards the dining and made him sit there. I gave him water he drank it whole in one go.

-"Faisal are you okay? What happened?"

-"I am just feeling dizzy and my body is paining also."

-"It's because you never take care of yourself just always engrossed in work. You should take rest also. Come I'll help you and take you to your room."

-"No I can go by myself."

-"Faisal don't be stubborn. You are not well....."

-"You don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself."

He left upstairs slowly. I was just helping him and he is showing attitude. What should I do with you Mr. Arrogant?

EVENING

Hours passed but he hasn't came out of his room. I'm getting worried it's 7:00 now. I am not able to control now so I decided to check him I don't care if he yells at me. His health is more important. I knocked the door but he didn't open the door was not locked so I entered. It's first time I am looking his room clearly other times I had just seen it in dark.
His room is triple times bigger than mine it's designed in black & white, there is balcony starting from the right of the room till front, a very big flat television in front of bed and there is one door on the left side of room I think it's washroom. A table and sofa are near balcony door in corner. The wall which is in front of door has a big potrait of Mr. Rich. From big I mean very big a huge picture covering most of the space of wall. It's a black&white picture in which he's sitting like a powerful king. Indeed he is very powerful and king of business world. He must have worked hard for it and he is still working.

 He must have worked hard for it and he is still working

I walked inside calling him

-"Faisal! Faisal where are you? Faisal!"

I saw him sitting on the floor on the right side of the bed. I sat beside him and touched him his body is very hot. His eyes are closed. I shook him

-"Faisal! Faisal wake up! Faisal!"

But he didn't opened his eyes. I made him lie on the bed which was very difficult because he is so heavy. He is wearing his office suit so I take off his shoes, coat, tie, opened his upper two buttons of shirt and covered him with comforter. I checked his pulse which is very low and I checked his eyes also, his condition is not well. I became very worried. I should do something. Zack! I should call him. He picked up in one ring

-"Hello Zoya ma'am!"

-"Zack."

-"Ma'am what happened? You're fine right?"

-"Zack Faisal... Faisal is not right. He is unconscious please call a doctor fast."

I ended the call and sat beside Faisal. I shook him holding his arm.

"Faisal! Faisal please open your eyes! Please! Faisal!"
I sprinkled water on his face. He opened his eyes but very little it's looking like he wants to open them but he is unable. Then he coughed blood. Blood?! What is happening to him?
Just then the door of room opened and Zack came with doctor. He told us to wait outside. Me and Zack came out, Savio was standing there.

-" Savio....." He started shouting

-"What Savio?! Why haven't you called me? I'm your Savio, your Bhai but you didn't cared to inform me about Faisal. You know that he is my best friend and how much I cares for him after that......."

-"You're right. It's all my fault I should have called you as you cares for him but what about me? There that stubborn man was not opening his eyes and......." Tears rolled down my cheeks he hugged me rubbing my back.

-"Doll please don't cry. I'm sorry I didn't wanted to hurt you."

-"He... he was not opening his eyes I.... I was so scared."

-"Shh.. he will be fine. Look doctor has come and I'm also here."

The doctor called us. I wiped my tears I don't want him to see them. Me, Savio and Zack entered in the room.
Faisal was sitting on the bed taking the support of headrest. He was looking very weak. His face was pale and eyes were dull. Doctor said to me

-"Don't worry Mrs. Khan, Mr. Khan is fine now all thanks to you that you made him conscious and didn't let him close his eyes."

I nodded at him then Savio asked

-"What happened to him?"

-"He had low BP so he became unconscious."

He told me prescription and go out with Bhai, Zack also left the room leaving me and Faisal behind. He was looking at me with lifeless eyes. I go near him

-"Are you feeling well now?"

-"Hmm." I made him drink water. "Zoya?"

-"What happened? You need anything?"

-"I'm hungry."

I smiled at him

-"Okay. I'll go and make something for you."

I left the room. He coughed blood and doctor is saying that he just had low BP. Something is fishy when I was going towards kitchen I heard Savio and doctor talking.

-"It was very deadly thank God Mrs. Khan was there."

-"I will find who have done this and I'll not spare that person."
I interrupted them

-"Who have done what Savio?"
They become shocked seeing me

-"Doll..... It's..."

-"Doctor you tell. I know there's something. Tell me, what happened to Faisal?" He looked at Savio.

-"Zoya it's nothing he told you before it's just low BP..."

-"Bhai don't lie. He coughed blood. Doctor tell me what happened to Faisal?"

-"Mrs. Khan someone tried to kill him."

-"What?!"

-"Yes. Someone had given him poison which kills slowly. If you hadn't made him stay awake then he would have died."
Tears escaped from my eyes.

-"Doll! That's why I was hiding it. I didn't wanted to make you worry."

-"But who would have done this?"

-"Don't worry Doll. I'm here. I will never let anyone hurt you both. I'll find out who is behind these all incidents. As long as I'm alive I'll protect you. I promise. And Lucifer Montano will rather die but will not break his promise."