48. IT'S NOT THE ONLY THING YOU'RE HIDING

I opened my eyes and found myself sleeping in an unknown place. I looked around and realised that I'm in Nevada. I glance at left side of bed and found it empty. I immediately got up from bed. She is not here. I remember last night we both slept here and this pillow wall is also here which she made saying that it's part of my punishment so I can't hold her while sleeping. Well, I'm ready to be punished after whatever I did.

But where she is now? I checked in bathroom but it's empty. I checked the whole house but it's empty. Fear started engulfing me. No. It can't happen. She can't leave me again. I can't live without her.

I got out of house and found her on road at some distance. I ran to her and immediately hugged her.

-"Faisal. What happened?" She asked while breaking the hug.

-"Nothing. What's in this bag Jaan?" I asked taking a bag from her. If I told her that I thought she left me, she'll think that I don't trust her. So it's better to not say it.

-"It has some groceries and other things." She said while opening the door. Now what the hell is with these groceries? I put the bag in kitchen and stand in front of her. She looked at me confused.

-"Groceries? What was the need to buy anything? Are you not going to our home with me? Because if you thinking that you can live here, so it's a big no. You can't live here anymore and we're going home today itself!" I shouted.

-"I'm not going to stay here either. We will go back to our home. I bought some gifts for Mrs. Jandy and her family along with something to cook for us." She explained.

-"Oh..... I understood." I said and went in living room. I sat on couch sighing. I thinks I overreacted. I found her coming towards me. She came and sat besides me.

-"Faisal. Why're you afraid?" She asked.

-"I'm not." I said looking away.

-"You are. It's clearly visible on your face. When you didn't found me in house, you thought I left you right?" She asked but I kept looking away.

"Faisal look at me." She said and I looked at her.

-"You're right Jaan. I was scared when I didn't found you. I thought you left me again. It's not easy for me to accept that you really agreed to forgive me. Because whatever I did was......." I looked down and sigh. "I'm a b*stard. I believed that f*cking bullsh*t against you. And the biggest sin I........ I slapped you. I didn't trusted you and thought that your love and care was just a act. But that was because of my past. It has made me like this."

-"But are you ready to move on? I'm not only asking about us. I'm asking about everything. Because I know that more than half of the reason behind your lack of trust and behaviour is your past. I know you're in pain and you're suffering. But you know what Faisal? Pain is a necessary part of life but suffering is not. It is safe to let go. You don't drown by falling in the water you drown by staying there. And here water refers to your past. You're not able to move on because you're staying in past and hence you're drowning.

The thing that matters is that what you're going to do with your past? Are you ready to move on?"

-"I am. I am ready to let go of my past. Just me, you and our love. No lies, no misunderstandings, no more running away. I'm ready to start a new life with you. Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded. I hugged her but she immediately broke the hug and touched my forehead and neck with back of her hand.