Wistful thinking

A/N

This is the first story I've written so it's probably going to be bad :/. Oh well, I have read my fair share of Undertale stories, I have also seen my fair share of authors flicker out which makes me sad. So I decided, fine I'll do it myself. I'll be your new light in the sea of dying stars. I also have a lot of favorite authors so I might take some inspiration.  

Also, I have no idea what tags I should add to this story ples send help.

Well that's that... let's begin.

~~~~~~

"What are we going to do? " 

"I don't know Acelyn... I don't know..."

She buried her face into her hands.

"Rent is due and once again we're up short... it's like it doesn't even matter what we do!"

"*Sigh*... The universe loves playing with its inhabitants."

"At this rate, I'm going to have to get another job..."

"No. I won't allow it. You already have two jobs that take up a majority of the week. You'll break if you push yourself any harder."

"No? We don't have "no" as a choice anymore! One bill that isn't paid will grow exponentially! One bill will turn to two, two to four,  we can't afford to let that happen."

"Look, if it means taking some weight off your back, then I'll gladly find a job to find some money."

"Then who will take care of Y/n? What will happen to him if both of his parents are away?"

"Maybe we can find a babysitter or something..."

"And pay them with what money? Your newly found income would be filling the cracks that  I missed."

"Look I don't know. We have to figure something out that works..."

The woman sighed. 

"You're right... some concessions have to be made, but I'm... scared. What if it doesn't work out? What if this just wasn't meant to be?"

"Hey... it will work out. That's what we promised each other right?" 

He walked towards her.

"Besides! There's nowhere to go when you're at rock bottom but up, right?" He wraps his arms around her.

"Right..." She smiles, "We'll get through this."

/

Above all the commotion is a room. A room for a child, walls painted lime green, and lights plastered on the ceiling. Stuffed animals lay on the bed, and fairytales snuggled on the bookshelf... One particular book is missing.

The yelling continues while a small figure struggles to open the balcony door. They pushed at the door and it slowly budged open.

Opening the book the child looks for a page, a page that would solve all their problems. A little nursery rhyme.

Rereading it, they would try to memorize the words. The moonlight bounced off the inky swirls on the pages. 

They put the book down and clasped their small hands tightly.

" I wish I may, and I wish I might..."

" Encounter an angel tonight..."

" May they cause joy or may they cause fright..."