P - 1 / Ruins - The Pillars that Hold Up Promises

*Knock* *Knock*

"Who's there?"

"Boo."

"Boo who?"

"Aw come on, was my joke that bad?"

"Heh..."

"..."

"..."

"What's wrong? Not in the mood for jokes today?"

"...There's something I have to ask of you."

"...Ask away."

"Another human has recently fallen again..."

"I see..."

"If she's anything like the others, she would try to leave the ruins."

"..."

"Look, I-I don't want to see another innocent c-child walk blindly into Asgore's hands."

"So please... if a human ever comes through this door, please... promise me you'll protect them."

"I—*Sigh* I can't guarantee that."

"Please..."

"..."

"I will try my best."

"Promise me."

"...I promise."

"Thank you..."

/

Taking the other path, Chara continued forward.

There was a sign reminding other monsters to give some money to the spider bake sale.

Chara felt her inner voice praise her.

Another sign.

*We are on break! If you have any questions, please wait for a Froggit to return.

*P.s. Please don't steal the sign. Thank you.

Her phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"It's me, Toriel"

"Hi Mom—"

"Oh?"

"S-sorry, I—"

"Would that...make you happy? To call me, Mother?"

Toriel clears her throat.

"Ah. I mean, if it makes you happy, then I'll wholeheartedly accept it."

"O-ok?"

"Oh! I almost forgot why I called you."

Toriel continued.

"Because I wasn't expecting a human to fall again, I haven't been doing a lot of cleaning in the ruins, so there might be some random things lying around the ruins. Who knows? If you look close enough, you might find something you really like. If anything piques your intrest, feel free to take them. Better than letting them gather dust."

"Thanks?"

"Okay, bye!"

*Beep*

 The next room was empty.

If you looked closely though, you could just make out some random tiles that have cracks in them.

These cracked tiles were also suspiciously large, so much so that a human would fit within its area. The presumed hole under the weak tiles would easily allow a human to fall through.