Goodnight - Retconed.

Hello, this chapter has been retconned. The new version of the chapter is after this one. If you want to read this one then go ahead. Just know that it technically never happened.

Well. Chapter 6 is here.

New stuff: Sounds will be shown as *sound*. Exclamation marks will be used to show shock as I don't want things to be too repetitive. Shown like " !!! "

How much chapters do you think this story will be?

Well, Let's get back into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

???

Just my luck...

The weather was perfectly fine some time ago, with no clouds in sight and yet now it's pouring like it does in a rainforest.

Rain pattered around you and your clothes have been soaked. Water streams down your face and practically blinds you. Despite this, you know where you're going. You have to know.

You have been running for quite a bit now. How long was it? 1 hour? 2? It doesn't matter. Through the labored breaths, you know that you need to keep going. Y/n's life depends on it after all...

Each thud of your feet creates a splatter, that sore feeling has been gone for a bit. It seems like your legs have gone numb. The back and forth motion no longer burns anymore. Almost like it was routine, it feels like you have been doing this for years. 

In some ways you have. Running from your fears, running from your mistakes, running from all the problems. It's a surprise you haven't died from exhaustion.

You don't know if that realization will help at all. What good would come of facing the massive boulder chasing after you? As soon as you slow down or stop you'll be crushed. You'll just be another death left in the boulder's wake.

Your footing slips. One foot stumbles over the other and you're sent tumbling down.

A large ripple of water spreads from your collision with the ground. What might have left scars or a broken nose was lessened by the water. The water however, still managed to get in your eyes. 

The fall leaves a stinging sensation on your left cheek.

How nice would it be if everything stopped here...

You've always thought rain provides a nice ambiance. whether it was aiding with your sleep or gentle white noise while you are doing work. 

The water is cooling too. It's so nice...

No. Get up. This is no time to slack off.

"Hghh..."

You pushed yourself up. Your knees threatened to give way and you fall again. 

Water dripped down from your face, joining its friends as it falls down to the ground.

Stumbling, you tried to get back into a rhythmic cycle with some degree of success.

Come on, let's go. There is no time to lose. It will only be so long until he finds out.

The rain started falling harder, it feels like you're in a middle of a cyclone. You could barely see 5 feet ahead. All you know is that you need to make a right turn as the side walk ends.