Legends

Let's advert our gaze back to the skies, shall we?

Let's begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asriel

"Geez, what's up with the dramatic introduction?"

It's been such a long time since Asriel has seen Alphys. She was one of the supervisors tasked with looking after him when he was much younger. At that point in time, Asriel used to hang out with a group of children. A bunch of other godlings who haven't grown up yet.

"Eh, just for the watchers."

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?"

"To put it into short terms, it is highly probable that our world, our reality, is simulated in some way. Meaning that there are beings like reading or something to obtain the information of our world."

"So much for a short description. What is this all to say?"

"They'll probably get a kick of me trying to talk to them."

"......"

"I sound insane don't I?"

"Yup."

Alphys turned around and beckoned Asriel to follow.

"What is this place?" Asriel asked while looking around.

The strange tunnel was covered in moss. So much so that Asriel could barely see the chunked-up stones behind the sea of green vegetation. 

Looking down Asriel discovered that the floor was tiled. Endless patterns of squares, triangles, and hexagons somehow link together to make a perfectly seamless floor. However, like the arching walls, the floor was also slowly coming apart. Pebbles scatter the endless plane, and plants grew through small cracks from the sides. 

"It's the royal family's information storage. They keep all sorts of books, and scrolls of all kinds of things. 

"Makes sense."

After following Alphys for a while you two finally reached an opening.

"We're here." Alphys says.

"Whoa."

Hundreds of bookshelves towered over Asriel. Mind you he was not short, but these things made him feel like an ant.

"Welcome to the Royal Archives."

"Jeez, why are there so much records? Who made all of this?"

"I don't know, go and ask the gods before me."

"They have to choose to pass away for someone else to take the name."

"I was being sarcastic."

The two continued their way through the massive space.

"... There is no way that this is practical in any way."

"Oh? Why is that?"