Gaze into Unknowns

Back again are we?

Didn't I tell you that there's nothing hostile in the forest?

No? Well, now you know. Just don't stray too far from the path made for you.

So, why are you here?

Is it because it was too dark in the forest? Should I have given you a lantern or something?

The path is blocked? Hm. Seems like you've progressed farther than I expected.

Don't worry, I'll go fix that in a bit.

Anyways, enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toriel

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

Toriel was standing at the doors of the mechanical laboratory. It was made mostly in part thanks to Alphys' constant nagging. She really wanted a place to work on her little machines, specifically one that wouldn't be under constant threat of going up in flames.

The walls were made out of some kind of metallic alloy comprising 37 percent low-density metal, 56 percent high-density metal, and 7 percent of the 8th noble gas. It was immune to almost everything, fire, explosions, and shrapnel. Not even high-velocity projectiles could make a dent.

"Come in." A speaker replied.

After walking for a bit, Toriel found Alphys at a table tinkering away.

"Hello Alphys, what might you be doing?"

"Ah, Toriel. I'm just working on something."

"May I have a seat?"

Alphas nodded and pulled out a small box.

Throwing it onto the floor, Toriel watched the small box quickly inflate and grow into a large rocking chair just big enough for her to fit.

"Thank you," Toriel said while sitting down.

"Mind explaining to me what that something is?"

"Of course. You know how some gods don't have magical potential? Myself included."

Toriel nods.

"These gods are usually the ones to discover those budding anti-portals. The lack of information on these portals and their phases has caused many gods to lose their lives because they simply can't defend themselves."

"... I am aware of this. Have you found a way to reobtain their souls?"

"Unfortunately no. Any contact with thoughtless will be like being erased from existence. At the moment we have zero idea where the matter goes or even if it still exists at all."

"*Sigh*... It really is a shame. I used to know each and every one of those gods... not being able to properly send them off and give them a place amongst the stars is..."

"Heart-wrenching?"

"...Yes."

"..."

Toriel shook her head.

"Sorry. I dragged us off-topic. What are you working on if not that?"

 "Right. Not all gods have magical potential but what they do have is energy. I am trying to make something that can siphon a small portion of the user's energy and form that into a magical projectile. Theoretically, it's possible, but since I haven't had much testing with it, I can't come to a solid conclusion."