Brilliant Fixation - Half Truths

P.s. For those who returned because they were notified of a change in the chapter.

Only the name of the chapter was changed as I thought it was more suitable. That's all.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chara

Chara was sitting at the dinner table and Y/n had already been put to sleep.

She had nothing to do.

She tried sleeping on the couch, but that only resulted in her tossing and turning, unable to sleep.

She stared at the marble table blankly, memories of her past occasionally gracing her mind.

*Click*

Acelyn opens the door to see Chara staring at the table alone.

"Oh dear, Couldn't fall asleep?"

"Mhm," Chara replied.

"I'll go heat up some milk for you." Acelyn rushes over to the fridge.

"Thanks..."

Acelyn paused.

"What got you so down?" She asked.

"... How did you know?"

"Mothers just have a sense for things like that." Acelyn closed the fridge door and prepared the heating pot.

"......"

"Oh. I see..." Acelyn turns and leans on the marbled table, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Chara shifted around nervously.

"..."

"I won't—"

"It's fine... I guess it's best to get some things off my chest." Chara sighed.

Acelyn smiled.

"... I miss them." Chara looks down, unable to look at Acelyn.

"Your family?"

She nods.

"My mother was very kind, she would care for every scratch and wound and stay with me until those wounds were fully healed. My father was the same, though in a different way. He had his own ideas of love... I would do anything for them as they would for me."

"..."

"Then there is their son. He was like a bother to me, and my best—" Chara trailed off.

"Did you have a falling out?"

She nods.

"If you don't mind, what happened?"

"... T-they kicked me out." Chara took a shaky breath in, "I-I did a h-horrible thing and they kicked me out..."

"I'm sorry to hear that..." Acelyn continued, "What you did can't be that bad right? It shouldn't warrant something so... harsh."

"..."

"You can still go back, right? I'm sure they've forgiven you."

"It's not that simple," Chara replied. "T-they don't want me back."

Chara wipes her eyes.

"They hate me I know it. I'm sure that they are disgusted and want nothing to do with me."

"Chara... No parent is this harsh with their children. The only thing we want is for them to be happy. Our methods might seem harsh but we only mean the best."

Chara took another shaky breath.

"N-not anymore. Not after what I d-did..."

"Look, you're the nicest and most responsible young woman I've ever met."

"You don't know a-anything about me."

"Look at me Chara," Acelyn said with a stern voice.

Chara shifts her gaze to Acelyn.

"I know much more than you think. With that, I know that whatever you have done doesn't deserve—"

"I killed someone!" Chara cried in an outburst.

Acelyn was taken aback.

"Chara... You're joking right?"

Tears start rolling down her face.

"Does it look like I'm joking?!" Chara buried her head into her arms.

"..." Acelyn looks conflicted.

"It's fine! I'll leave, you don't want a dirty murderer living with you and Y/n right?" Chara stands up to leave.

"I-I'll go find a c-cave or something..."

"Chara stop. Sit down." Acelyn orders.

Chara stops moving.

Acelyn moves over to where Chara is standing and wraps her arms around her.

"Chara. It's not your fault. We all make mistakes, but we can't let them define us."

Chara warped her arms around Acelyn, buried her face into her shoulder, and cried.

"Shhh... It's going to be alright..." Acelyn said while stroking her back.

Acelyn stayed by Chara's side comforting her.

- - -

After a few minutes, Chara calmed down and tried to stabilize her breathing.

"*Hic* S-sorry about t-that..."

"It's quite alright." Acelyn looks into her eyes, "If you ever need a place to stay, there will always be a place for you."

"*Hic*  T-thank you... You remind me a lot of my mother..."

Acelyn smiles.

"Glad that you think that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

652 Words, January 2, 2024