P - 1 / Snowdin - Funny Bone

Alright, here we go. This door is nothing. You got this.

Chara pressed both hands into one of the large doors, trying to push it open.

It doesn't budge.

"I swear if these doors are jammed..."

With a deep inhale, she heaved her entire body weight against the door with all of her strength.

Unlike the last time, the door swung open like someone had poured oil all over its hinges.

It was as if the door was playing some kind of cruel game with her.

All of her remaining forward momentum dragged her to hit the ground face first.

Chara fell into the snow drift.

Instantly, she felt the hairs on her arm shoot up and she started shivering.

She pushed herself up and out of the snow, her face flushing red due to the extreme cold.

Chara brought her hands up to her face to wipe the remaining snow off.

"Jeez... maybe I should have just stayed with Toriel," She complains while rubbing her arms.

Large trees tower over her on both her left and right, creating a sort of wall forcing her towards a specific direction.

"S-so cold..."

As she walked forward, Chara couldn't help but feel an eerie chill wash over her. It was not the cold, she was sure of that. It felt like someone was watching her. Following her.

She spun around checking for anyone.

Nobody.

There was a non-zero chance that someone was hiding in the dense forest to avoid detection.

She quickened her pace, nervously checking her surroundings.

Chara was so occupied with her potential stalker that she almost tripped over the comically large stick in her path.

I need to watch my step...

The layers thick layers of snow crunched under her feet as she hopped over the small obstacle.

She had to resist the urge to pick up the stick and bring it along with her. Even though it might have been too heavy for her to lift.

A large puff of water vapor floated away as she exhaled.

Something was in the distance. It looked like some bridge and sort of scuffed arch made out of wood.

*CRACK*

The sound of a piece of wood shattering echoed in the frigid expanse.

Chara's body shot up.

The distinct sound of footsteps and the trampling of pristine snow seem to be getting closer and closer.

She hurried towards the bridge.

Despite the footsteps of her follower being slow and erratic, it still felt like they were gaining ground on her. 

When she got to the bridge, Chara paused. It definitely didn't look safe to walk over it.

The pit looked endless. She didn't want to be the one to see if there was a bottom at all.

The footsteps grew closer, each one seemingly covering 5 meters at a time.

Chara panicked. She didn't know if she should risk her life to go over the bridge or deal with her follower herself.