Prince of the Astral Plains

Well, chapter 8 here, and as promised we'll be switching back to the perspectives in the sky. What happens between Asriel and Sans? You'll find out~

With that being said...

Have fun~

/

"Where is he."

...... 

Particles dance around in the air, seemingly in perpetual motion. Their red glow was the only thing lighting up the dark void. They danced, and danced, each with their own flow, each listening to their own music.

......

Things aren't made to be this way.

Everything will eventually return back to what it was supposed to be. 

Entropy.

Most things don't last forever. Not you, not these gods, nor will these particles. Eventually everything will come to an end. One day, these particles will stop dancing. They'll lose their rhythm and start moving erratically. Then their movement will stop altogether. And when that happens...they will fall. Slowly dragged to the dark void's floor. They'll slowly dim and eventually go out. As quick as a flame on a candle stick. 

You can't stop this from happening. No one can. 

The only thing these particles can hope for is that different ones take their place. For them to replace the glow they once had, and keep the cycle going, to keep the void from succumbing to nothingness.

-

After swirling around the space for a minute give and take. The red dust settled onto the dark floor.

The Cold Eye of Judgement has taken his culprit with him, leaving just a pile of slightly glowing dust.

The dust slowly grew dimmer and dimmer, it showed no signs of stopping.

Darker, and darker still...

Until it reached complete saturation. 

The black dust no longer emitted any light. Instead taking on more of a dragging trait. Almost as if threatening to pull you in.

The one by one, the black particles sunk into the ground. Going somewhere, like it had something to achieve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sans

You watched as Angel-723 lose her footing. Toppling over and then falling through the ground.

The prince yelled and reached out to try to pull her back up.

Not fast enough prince.

Time seemed to slow down. The prince extended his arm to grab her. The angel's hair fluttered as gravity dragged her down.

The angel made no attempt to save herself.

As quickly as it happen, it ended. Time resumed, sealing the angel's fate.

The hole in the ground closed and the prince slams onto the floor.

This is going to be interesting...

He quickly pushed himself back up.