FOUR

"It's finally nice to meet you, y/n."

"To you, as well, Miss Ayaka."

"Ayaka is fine."

Y/n nodded with a smile as the two were seated at the dinner table. After a small rest, Thoma (as promised) had come to retrieve her for dinner. Though, much to her surprise, one of the Kamisato siblings was already waiting for her.

Ayaka Kamisato. A very elegant and beautiful girl.

Y/n felt very insecure the moment she sat down next to the girl. Though, y/n could tell that she was very nice, and even though y/n was slightly underdressed, she knew that Ayaka wasn't the type to talk bad about her behind her back.

"Brother should be here in a few minutes, oh, but don't worry, he isn't the type to talk business at dinner, so feel free to relax."

"Yes, thank you."

And before y/n knew it, she found herself talking to Ayaka as if they were best friends meeting up after a long time.

She was sure it was thanks to Thoma's and Ayaka's kind personalities that caused y/n to feel at ease in such a short amount of time.

"Please pardon me. My business elsewhere ran a bit longer than I intended."

An elegant man clad in expensive white attire walked into the room with ease. His posture straight. His smile practiced. His eyes glinting with slight mischief and amusement.

Y/n already knew his name by mere appearance alone.

This was Ayato Kamisato.

"You must be Y/n L/n. The diplomat that was sent here by Mondstadt to discuss trade deals and such?"

"Correct, sir. Thank you so much for reaching out to us."

"Call me Ayato. There is no need for formalities."

"Right, then please call me Y/n."

He took the empty seat in front of her.

"Of course, Y/n. Now, I would love to get our business underway, but I'm not really one to talk business over dinner. Would it be alright if we talked after?"

"I have no problem with that," she answered.

"Wonderful, now shall we get dinner started."

Y/n couldn't place her finger on it, but she felt that everything was going to work out.

It just had to.