FOURTEEN

Finally coming back from his "business meeting," he noticed how quiet the Kamisato Estate was. And he already knew why which was the reason as to why he didn't hide his amusement when finding his sister to speak with her of the current matter.

"Ayaka, where is y/n? Usually she is jumping around the place and looking for things to do."

Ayaka took her cue as she looked at her brother worriedly, "she's been locked up in her room since last night. Apparently she received a letter from her fiancé breaking things off with her."

Ayato nodded, "I'll go see her now."

"Oh, but brother, she won't even let me in there..."

"It'll be alright. I can coax her out."

Walking down the halls, Ayato held a content smile against his lips. Truth be told, he has been receiving all of Diluc's letters, reading through them, and then disposing of them a moment later. He got to learn about Y/n a lot better that way. Though, it did urk him greatly with how Diluc addressed her in every single one of his letters.

But it's fine.

Diluc won't be an obstacle any longer.

"Y/n?"

He came up to her door and gently knocked on it. He could hear sniffling and some shuffling. Yep, she was still in there.

"Y/n, Ayaka told me about the lettet you received.. do you wish to talk about it?"

No answer.

"His name is Diluc, right? You must have loved him a lot."

"I did..."

He finally got to hear her voice. Though it was muffled behind the door.

"Did he treat you well?"

"Always."

"Did he ever say I love you?"

"Every night."

"How many times did he save you?"

"More times than I can count."

"Did you love him?"

"More than the world."

Ayato closed his eyes and leant against the wall, "and yet, he broke things off with you. Wrote you a letter stating he didn't want you anymore. That he found love with someone else."

He could hear a sharp intake of her breath, her voice quivering, "he did."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"About what..?"

"About anything at all."

There was a moment of silence before there was a small 'click' sound and her door opened. Her hand gently reaching out to him and grabbing onto his sleeve.

He gave her a small, reassuring smile.

He couldn't have been more pleased.