EIGHTEEN

The next morning, y/n was found walking beside Ayato hand in hand as they traversed the Kamisato Estate. Their morning started off simple, mainly with breakfast and then finally (finally) Ayato and y/n managed to discuss trading between the Yashiro Commission and Mondstadt. Once everything was finalized and the deals were made, she had sent the agreement to Mondstadt which was set to be delivered in about a week.

Until then, she planned to spend that time with Ayato until she has to leave. Mainly because if Mondstadt didn't like the deal they came up with, then she and Ayato would have to come up with something else, but .. Ayato was a kind man and the deal they made together was very generous, so there shouldn't be a problem. And that was she had told him.

"I see! So you think Mondstadt would be thankful for the trading deal we made?"

"Yes, most definitely. The Yashiro Commission was very generous, and I think it would suit Mondstadt perfectly."

Her eyes started to wander down to his free hand, to which he immediately took notice of and raised it to her. Feeling her face grow hot, she quickly took ahold of his hand. Her fingers delicately fitting into his palm.

"Well, now that we have to wait for the letter to be delivered and for Mondstadt's response, why don't we relax a bit then? Is there anything you want to do?"

She thought for a moment, honestly nothing came to mind. All she could actually think about was how she was holding Ayato's hand.

"W- well, would it be alright if I spent the day with you?"

Her voice was a but quiet as she posed the question. Her eyes holding a hopeful glint within them as he tugged her along, "of course it'll be alright."

She seemed to brighten considerably as he walked around with her, their hands still holding on tightly to one another, their fingers intertwined.

Thoma and Ayaka, who would spot them in the halls of the Kamisato Estate, could only smile at the development.

Y/n would be stuck here within due time.