TEN

"Thank you, Ayato. It was fun."

Night was soon to fall before them, and she found herself standing at the door to her room as they conversed with one another one last time for the night before they would both excuse themselves to their own respective rooms.

"I'm glad you enjoyed today. I hope Inazuma turned out how you expected it to be."

"This land definitely exceeded my expectations," she said with a laugh, her hair falling in front of her face.

Without thinking, Ayato lifted his hand to gently caress her cheek and move the strand of hair back behind her ear.

That same feeling of her face heating up was quick to surface, and when his hand went back to her cheek she had hastily grabbed his palm. Her fingers stopping his movements.

"I- I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I'm- I'm not trying to give you the wrong idea or anything. I really enjoyed the day, I promise, but ... there's someone waiting for me back in Mondstadt."

Ayato chuckled a bit, I already know that.

"My apologies, y/n. I didn't mean to come off as so forward with you. We can discuss our business tomorrow, alright?"

He dropped his hand from her face, but she was still holding onto him, "r- right, of course. See you tomorrow, Ayato."

She let go and bowed to him before disappearing behind her door.

The feeling of the warmth radiating from her hand still lingered. Her touch was so soft. Diluc Ragnvindr doesn't deserve her.