TWELVE

The business talk never happened that night. Instead, Ayato's attention was diverted elsewhere with a different commission the moment they got back to the Estate. So, just as he quickly as he arrived, he was now gone. Leaving Y/n at the Estate with Ayaka by her side.

"I truly am sorry. My brother was actually mentioning on finally having a discussion with you about trade after you both got done sightseeing. He was really looking forward to it."

"Huh? O- oh, it's alright. He has his own duties as the Yashiro Commissioner. I can wait for him. No big deal."

Ayaka smiled, "you're really kind y/n. But I do worry... you've already been here a month.. isn't Mondstadt expecting some good news soon along with having you back?"

"Well, they did expect me to send them a letter over how the talks are going, but ... I would much rather not tell them that all I've been doing was sightseeing and mooching off the Kamisato Clan. Besides, I've been given two months for this thing, so even though it's already been a month I still have some time."

Ayaka's warm smile had something hidden within it. However, y/n couldn't place what she was seeing, so she chalked it up as a sympathetic smile.

"If you'll please excuse me for a bit. Thank you for letting me talk with you. Sitting together in your room and just hanging out feels like I finally have a sister."

Y/n couldn't stop herself from her smile, she never had siblings before so hearing Ayaka say that made her heart flutter, "sure! Lets talk again sometime. But for now, I think I'm going to sleep. I don't think Ayato will be back tonight, so might as well just wait for him in the morning."

"Of course, sleep well, Y/n."

"You too, Ayaka," y/n called after as her door closed. Her body stretching before she changed and practically threw herself into the comforts of her covers and pillows.

Tomorrow. One way or another I'm going to get some work done.

.
.
.

"Tell my brother that she has one more month of staying here."

Thoma whistled to himself, "only one month? You think Ayato will be able to keep her here in that short amount of time?"

"Of course, my brother is cunning and smart, I'm sure my new big sister will be happy to stay after he gets done with her."

Thoma smiled, "I'll get the news to Ayato right away then."

As she watched Thoma hurriedly write up a letter detailing y/n's current length of stay and how long she has till she goes back, Ayaka could only muse to herself. She wanted her big brother to be happy and she wanted to have a big sister too. So, why not help out a little?