SEVENTEEN

MEANWHILE IN
MONDSTADT
DURING THE
INAZUMA FESTIVAL.

"Wow, you're really going then?"

Diluc gave Kaeya a harsh glare, "I don't remember inviting you in."

"Adelinde let me in," the calvary captain spoke smoothly as he lent against the doorframe. His eye watching Diluc with amusement as the red head packed his things.

"You didn't answer my question," he quipped, a teasing smile on his lips.

Diluc slammed his suitcase shut, his eyes hastily darting over towards Kaeya.

"I'm worried, alright? She hasn't written in so long, I feel like she's in trouble."

"Ah, I see. So the dashing gentleman is going in for the rescue, is that it? Do you even know where she is? Where she's staying?"

Diluc pressed his lips together.

And Kaeya kicked off the doorframe and walked over to his brother.

"You may not see me as a brother anymore, but at one point in time when I was apart of this family, y/n was our childhood friend who always came by. I care about her too, so ..," Adelinde came in and set a suitcase down next to Kaeya, "I'll be coming with!"

"What?!"

To say Diluc was at a loss of words was an understatement.

Adelinde merely coughed a little to gain Kaeya's attention, "your suitcase was just delivered Master Kaeya, and everything is in order to head towards Inazuma. A passenger boat docked at Liyue harbor is waiting for you as we speak."

"Wonderful! Thank you so much, Adelinde."

"With all due respect Master Kaeya, your words mean little - just bring Miss Y/n back."

Kaeya's eye softened as he gave a rare genuine smile, "we will."

Adelinde bowed to them both before excusing herself to her other duties within the Dawn Winery.

Diluc, all the while, could only purse his lips as his gaze shifted from Kaeya and then to Kaeya's suitcase.

"I can .. do this alone."

"You probably could with some difficulty, but y/n is an ambassador for Mondstadt. A trader and diplomat for the Knights of Favonius. I can help you get to her faster. Besides, Acting Grand Master Jean was starting to get worried too, and knowing you will be on the move, she ordered me to tag along."

Diluc gave him a look, "a knight being efficient for once? How ironic."

Kaeya shrugged, "y/n just so happens to be important to us all. We don't want to lose her just as much as you."

Diluc finally sighed in defeat. Well, of there was thinf Kaeya was good for, then it would definitely be figuring out where she was in Inazuma.

I just hope she's alright.