TWENTY

"I hope you three have fun.. though, it is a shame that I can't go along."

Ayato smiled at Thoma, Ayaka, and y/n, the three of them having light travel bags as they had planned to go somewhere for a small trip.

It was all Ayato's idea to be honest. He had suggested a nice little relaxtion spot for them to go to while they would wait for any news from Mondstadt.

Y/n gave a small pout in response, "are you sure you can't come along?"

"I'm sure, sadly. The Tenryou Commission have been very clear that they need to discuss something with me, and it was of valid importance. I hope you can forgive me."

Y/n nodded her head and tried her best to give a smile, "its alright. It is your job after all. I would feel bad if i forced you to throw away your duties."

Ayato reached for her then and gave her a small pat on the head. His palm then moving down so that his fingers could caress her cheek before falling back to his side, "thank you for your understanding, y/n. Now, I hope you all have some fun. And y/n, don't feel too lonely without me, I'll come meet you up there in a day or two."

She nodded again and reached for him, her arms wrapping around his waist as she engulfed him into a hug.

"Right! We'll see you then."

This time her smile was brighter in the hopes that she really would see him there and after Ayaka also gave Ayato a hug goodbye, the two girls went ahead of Thoma who stayed a little behind.

"Lord Ayato?"

"I got news that Diluc and Kaeya have made it to Inazuma, I'll be sure to .. send them back to Mondstadt before too long. Just keep Y/n away."

"Understood."

Thoma bowed to Ayato before turning to catch up with Ayaka and Y/n who were already pretty far and chatting up a storm. And as they finally disappeared off into the distance another servant had come to Ayato's side, "my lord."

"Yes?"

"You have guests waiting for you."

Ayato smirked a bit and dismissed the servant before turning on his heel and walking back up the steps towards the Kamisato Estate, and the moment he reached the front entrance he gave his best smile to the guests.

"And to what do I owe the honor?"