FIFTEEN

For the next couple of days, Y/n was found trailing after Ayato like a lost puppy. Her eyes looking to him to find any sort of reassurance. Diluc made up a major part of her life back in Mondstadt, so having him leave her definitely made her feel as if she had lost a part of herself.

"Y/n, would you finally like to discuss the trading between Mondstadt and Inazuma?"

It had been a couple days since she received the letter, and now Ayato wanted to test the waters. He wanted to see just how far he had gotten with her.

And much to his delight, he could clearly see her hesitancy. Since Diluc made up a big part of her life in Mondstadt, just thinking of her home there probably makes her feel uneasy and not ready to face reality.

Which is exactly what Ayato wants.

"We don't have to discuss it now. Instead..," his voice trailed off as he grabbed a flyer and handed it to her. The two were in his office talking about the most random of things, "how about we go to this? I know its a but sudden since the festival is tonight, but it may be good to get some fresh air and have some fun."

Y/n glanced over the flyer and slowly smiled, her eyes shifting over to Ayato, "this would be great. Thank you.."

"Of course, since it starts in an hour, why don't you go get ready and I'll meet you at the front of the Estate?"

She nodded, "sounds like a plan!"

He was happy to see her slowly shift back into the bubbly person she was. And it was all thanks to him without a doubt.

AN HOUR LATER

Ayaka had graciously lent her one of her favorite kimonos. Even helping her to put it on too.

"Will you be joining the festival too?"

Ayaka nodded, "yes, but the traveler will be the one escorting me, so don't worry - I won't intrude on your little date with my big brother," the little sister gave a wink and a teasing grin as y/n sputtered out in a quick mess.

"D - DATE?! A- Ayaka! This - this isn't a date!"

Y/n's face felt incredibly hot by this point and her words kept getting jumbled.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say."

And as Ayaka lightly pushed her to the door she leant in and whispered her small encouragement, "my big brother really likes you, and I know he would treat you far better than that other man ever could."

Giving her a small push forward, y/n was left in the hallway deep in thought.

She had to admit ... ever since coming to Inazuma and meeting Ayato she had felt this pull towards him. at the time she was still with Diluc, but now? It had been a week and few days since Diluc had broken things off with her, and it has been a month and week since she had been unintentionally falling for the head of the Kamisato Clan.

Maybe .. maybe this was the archons giving her a chance to move on?

She had to admit that she had an attraction to the young man, and she had to admit that she did think of what it would be like if she wasn't with Diluc, so maybe ..

"Y/n, are you ready?"

She snapped to attention when Ayato greeted her. A smile quick to rest on her lips as she nodded, "I am!"

He held out his hand to which she gladly took.

So maybe, falling for Ayato, wasn't a bad thing.