Chapter One: Unwanted Run-ins

Love is a Weakness: A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter One: Unwanted Run-ins

I smiled warmly as I felt the warm sun on my body. For once we didn’t have to train or go to the academy. Something about a holiday, eh, who knows? It felt nice, just lazing around, tanning. I probably sounded like a girly version of Shikamaru, but still, it’s nice.

“Hey Hitomi! Yo! Hitomi!” I heard someone call in the distance. I groaned, I was looking forward to having a peaceful day. I looked up to see Sakura. Another groan escaped my lips. Why me?! Why!?

“Hmm?” I was to lazy to actually answer. Besides, her of all people weren’t worth my breath.

“We’re all going to spar at the training grounds, wanna come?” she asked eagerly. They obviously didn’t know the meaning of ‘relaxation’. And Sakura, poor girl, didn’t even know how much I detested her.

“Sorry, Billboard Brow, busy.” Her eye twitched, but she didn’t say anything. Yeah, you better walk away. Some people say Naruto is the pest, but I find Sakura one instead.

I mean, come on! Look at the girl! She’s always such a know-it-all!

And she does everything for Sasuke’s ‘benefit’. Has she thought of ever doing something for herself!? “Oh, Sasuke! I love you!” I mimicked her in a high preppy, lovey-dovey voice. Eck, disgusting! I really didn’t like the pinkette.

“Oh, really now?” A deep voice asked behind me. I turned to see none other than Sasuke himself. I snorted. Don’t get me wrong, he definitely had the looks going for him! With his raven black hair, and onyxed colored eyes. He could have any girl weak at the knees. Not me, I wasn’t and still not a fan girl. Never will be either.

“Speak of the devil.” I rolled my eyes. I didn’t have to pretend not to care, I just didn’t. He knew that. I practically showed him a while back. Ah, that memory still brought a smile to my face.

“I’m not a fan girl, Sasu-gay. It’s just merely fun. Mocking them. We all know how fun they can be, isn’t that right?”

“Whatever.” Aw, how sweet. He used his favorite catch-phrase for me. Or should I say word?

I don’t see what they’re so obsessed about.” I jumped into the tree next to him and got in his face. Studying him. “You’re not so great. You're emo. With a really big ego. You’re always depressed. Not very attractive….” I tsked.

“Hn.” he looked away. He was obviously irritated because of me. Good. “You're such a loser.” Hmm, he usually save that one for Naruto. Oh, well. I jumped out of the tree and started walking away.

“I have better things to do than to socialize with emo-freaks like you. Goodbye Sasu-gay!” And with that I waved and jumped onto the nearest building. He’s the annoying one, not Naruto.

In fact, I think I’ll go see the hyper-active blonde.

~       ~        ~

“Hey, Naruto!” I called with a wave. I knew exactly where to find him. At Ichiraku’s eating some Ramen, of course! “Hey Hitomi! Want some Ramen with me? It’s delicious! Believe it!” I smiled and laughed. “Sure thing!” That’s one of the things I loved about Naruto. He was always a happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Who liked to yell A LOT! About as much as a I hated Sakura, I loved Naruto.

In a friend way, of course. I’d leave the relationship stuff to Hinata. Besides he’s my best friend. And I don’t believe in love. It was just a silly emotion for weaklings. Not for shinobi. I was going to be one of the best ninjas ever! So there really wasn’t any time for it.

Even if I did believe.

“Naruto?”

“Yeah, Hitomi?” he asked finishing off his bowl of Ramen and asking for another.

“Well, I was just wondering. What do you think about love?” I asked rather timidly. This shy behavior was out of character, but so was the question.

“Only the best thing in the world! Second only to Ramen, though. Believe it!” His eyes turned to hearts and his face got pink. Thinking about Sakura, no doubt. I sweat dropped. I really did feel bad for Hinata, and was disappointed in Naruto. What he saw in her was beyond me. Stupid Sasuke lover.

Who could I ask? Naruto was no help. Hinata? Strung over Naruto. Sakura? As if I’d ask her anything! Ino? Sasuke fan girl. Kiba? I think he has this thing for Hinata. Choji? No girl would ever look twice at him, so he had nothing to even worry about. Shikamaru? Too lazy to care. Shino? Too creepy. There’s always Sasuke…

Might as well not even worry about it. He’ll either say “Hn,” “Whatever,” or “You’re such a looser!” I do have my pride. But I’m curious, nonetheless. Was I desperate enough?

I left, making Naruto pay my tab. I just ate one bowl, not too much, right? I’ll just pay him back. I walked home in silence. Well I wasn’t going to start talking to myself! And there was no one around so I guess I would just have to.

When I was younger I was my parents were killed on a mission. I didn’t have any other family, so was orphaned at an early age. I live alone in a small apartment. When I got home I went into the bathroom and gave myself a hard look in the mirror.

I sighed. I wasn’t any tanner! If it’s possible, whiter! Bleh, so annoying!

I have long red hair, the color of fire. It even had some orange in it. My eyes were big and an astonishing blue color. I was really skinny and short for my age. But were cursed with bigger boobs than most girls at the academy.

This was a problem. They caused unwanted attention. I had no intentions in getting in any sort of a relationship, romantically or course, so they were bothersome. I sighed, my looks were a curse.

I stepped into the shower and quickly removed the day’s troubles away and let them float down the drain. After my shower I went to bed. I had already eaten with Naruto. We had the academy to go to tomorrow anyways. Luckily it was that big test to determine if we were ninja material or not. I knew I would do okay, I was just worried about Naruto.

~           ~          ~

I had slept dreamlessly and was a ball of energy when I awoke. Well, this is strange. It usually takes me forever to get up. Well, maybe today I can get to the academy on time. I stepped outside smiling. I can’t wait to see everyone’s faces when they see me arrive early. My smile quickly vanished when I saw who was waiting for me. Great, such a lovely morning, ruined already.

 !~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*!

 This story is undergoing some serious editing -.- Turns out, it really needs it. TT^TT

Anyways, the first chapter to my first Naruto fan fiction ^-^ The writing is a bit awkward, but, eh.

Happy Readings~! 

 Btw, the lovelt edit on the side was done by Carmelldansen ^-^ ♥ Thank you, love.