Chapter Eighteen: Naruto's Request

Bleuuurrrrrrrghhhhhh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Eighteen: Naruto’s Request

MY night was peaceful. Sasuke didn’t dare bother me and I had an easy sleep. I awoke surprisingly early, ready for work. I skipped breakfast, ready to get the day started.

“I’m leaving,” I called. Sasuke was still in the process of waking up. I decided to try and visit Naruto’s place, praying that this time he’ll be home. I allowed myself to take a few deep breaths.

I wasn’t feeling as confident as I had the day before, but I wasn’t feeling completely terrified.

Sakura answered the door. “He’s….uh…not awake at the moment.” She laughed, rubbing the back of her head. “Did you even try?” I snorted. It doesn’t take much to wake Naruto up. Just congratulate him on finally making Hokage. If that fails, hit him where the sun don’t shine.

I forcefully pushed passed Sakura into the tiny apartment. It was a mess, as always. Sakura looked awkward. I patted her on the head, flashing the fakest smile I ever had to pull off. “Shouldn’t you clean this?”

Her eyes flashed angrily. “What do you take me for?”

“A bitch.” With that said, I walked into Naruto’s room. This place was like a second home to me. I’ve missed it. I plopped onto his bed, laying next to his sleeping form. He looked so peaceful and childlike. So innocent. I’d hate to be the one to wake him.

I brushed a stray piece of hair from his forehead, and kissed it. Like he used to do me after a nightmare. After one of those horrid dreams, I’d run to his house. He was always there for me when ‘monsters’ would be looking for me. He was always there when I got hurt. He was there when my parents died.

“Naruto,” I cooed, “I’ve missed you.” He smiled slightly, still sleeping. I wasn’t quite ready to tell him why I’ve been avoiding him. Or to tell him how him how sorry I was, and how much it hurts me to be away from him for so long. I wasn’t ready to see the disappointment cross his face, or the possible sadness that would fall from his eyes. I was no better than all those people who would look down on him for no reason.

I needed to leave. When he started to stir from his sleeping state, I jumped out of the window. I felt as if I were a mother abandoning her child. But, I wasn’t ready to deal with this mess. Not this early in the morning.

_______________________________________________________

“Our available missions consist of: Babysitting, helping elderly, mowing grass,---”

“Hold up! This is not what I signed up for when I became a ninja! I will be the Hokage one day, and I want some real ninja missions! Believe it!” Naruto yelled for the whole village to hear. It’s hard to believe he looked so sweet and innocent just a few hours ago.

Kakashi and Iruka sweat dropped. The Hokage just chuckled. Iruka was getting ready to lecture Naruto on how important it is to treat the Hokage with the utmost respect. But the old man stopped him; by simply raising his hand.

“It’s okay, Iruka. Keep your pants on. I’ll give them a C-ranked mission. I think they can handle it.”

“But ho--” Once again the Hokage just raised his hand. I wonder if that technique worked with only the Hokage, or if I could try this? It’d be great to shut Sakura up.

“You will be escorting a man back to his home in the Land of Waves. He’s a bridge builder and his of a great importance to his home. You will protect him from highway men, robbers, thieves, and murders. After the bridge is completed, your mission will have been deemed successful. Tazuna, if you will please come in.”

A rather old man stepped through the door. He was carrying what looked like a bottle of alcohol, he looked rather keen on consuming the bottles contents before the hour was up.

“Whhat’s this?” He slurred “A bunchh of snott nossed bratss? Ass iff they could protectt me.” he then proceeded to insult Naruto. Which caused Naruto to try and unsuccessfully kill Tazuna. Thanks to Kakashi, that is.

“Naruto you’re suppose to protect the client. Not try and kill him!” Kakashi spoke with embarrassment. From Naruto, obviously.

__________________________________________________

AT last, everyone was ready to leave. Naruto was totally psyched, hoping for anything that could potentially slaughter us to show up, somewhere along our journey. Everyone else was more or less bored. I zoned out Sakura and Naruto’s bantering as I studied Tazuna. He looked like a regular man. But there was something he was obviously wasn’t telling us. What could he possibly be hiding?

A hand clamped down on my shoulder. “Everything okay?” Kakashi asked.

“Fine, fine.” I laughed, waving him off. His expression told me he didn’t believe my lies, but his mouth said nothing more. I sighed, knowing this was going to be a long trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, it’s short. I’m sick. My head was pounding throughout typing this, sorry if it didn’t make a lot of sense. Robbers and thieves, are they the same thing? Probably so. I’m send my apologies to the Hokage for making him sound stupid. But, I don’t feel like changing it.

Fan&&Comment&&Vote. I think that’s backwards today, oh well. Enjoy.