Chapter Thirty-One: Heart's Desire

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Thirty-One: Heart’s Desire

There was a battle cry heard somewhere. I couldn’t care any less. Was it possible throughout the time of hating Sasuke I had fallen in love with him? I was so focused on hating him, that I didn’t notice the strong feelings I had begun to develop for the raven-haired boy. My tears had dried, but with each passing second the pain seemed to double. It kept getting stronger. If felt as if my insides were burning, in next to no time I would double over from the pain.

“The missions not over, you know?” Kakashi was standing over me.

“Shut up,”

“We could really use your help…” I shrugged. I know I was acting extremely selfish, but my lover just died. He couldn’t expect me to be fine and dandy. There was no way I could complete my mission. Not now.

He had made a sound of disapproval and walked away. I fell asleep, dreaming of the once alive raven haired boy.

_________________________________________________

“Hitomi?” A beautiful masculine voice called to me. It made my heart ache. What’s going on? A hand delicately stroked my cheek. I tightened my eyes. This wasn’t happening, I’m delusional. Yet, his touch was so surreal. My heart was pounding in my chest. Did I dare to open my eyes?

As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t. I knew this wasn’t real; it couldn’t be. I couldn’t let him disappear, again. As long as his illusion was touching me I was fine.

“Open your eyes, Hitomi.” He commanded. I shivered from our proximity. Why did my imagination insist on torturing me? I furiously shook my head, not giving into desire. He chuckled. How could he laugh when I felt like dying? My illusion was cruel.

Something warm and wet wiped itself across my lips. What the…? My eyes opened automatically in alarm. His body was looming over my own. His black orbs bored into mine. I felt the tears threatening to take over, again.

“Go away.” I whispered, almost gasping for breath. Confusion and hurt played his features. Hurt was dominating.

“Why?”

“You’re d-dead.” I choked on the last word. I didn’t want this illusion to go away. It was a perfect replica of the boy I once knew. Screw sanity, I could be happy living in my own lies. The heart’s desire could really mess with your head.

“Do I look dead to you?” He was cocky, now.

“But…..I saw you….die…” My eyes trailed to where he was before. Where was his body? I slightly panicked. Did they move him when I was asleep?

“I didn’t actually die. I was put in a temporary death like state. Much like Zabuza was, before.”

My eyes turned to slits. “You’re just telling me what I want to hear. When in reality you’re just a figment of my imagination, and probably six feet under!” I screamed at the boy, that could never be real. How could he be so far gone when he was right here in front of me? Lies. It was all lies.

He roughly grabbed my hand. “If I wasn’t real do you think I would be able to touch you?” his fingers intertwined with mine. “Would I have a heart beat?” He carefully placed my hand on his chest. When he looked down into my eyes, his heart skipped a beat, causing blood to rush to my cheeks. He still managed to give me butterflies, even in the afterlife. “Could I do this?” I could barely hear him, his voice was so low. He leaned in, kissing me softly. It was short, but sweet.

I didn’t know what to say. My eyes were wide. Was he real? He wasn’t something I made up in my mind? This was actually happening?

“S-Sasuke?” Tears silently rolled down my cheeks. No longer were they from heartbreak, but happiness. This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life.

Sasuke smiled. A real genuine smile. The first time he’s actually smiled in my presences, or anyone else’s for that matter. His smile was absolutely beautiful. No other word could possibly describe it. Why was he so painstakingly perfect?

“Oh my God! Sasuke!” I threw my arms around him, rolling over so that I was on top. I showered him in kisses. Cheeks, forehead, chin, nose, neck, and lastly, lips. I made sure to save that part for last, we may be here for awhile.

Before we could actually get into it, someone rudely cleared their throat rather loudly. I would’ve looked up, but Sasuke kept me in place with his hands. Not that I minded. His lips fit perfectly against my own, it just felt right. I loved being here. With him.

The person sighed. I felt hands on my hips, tearing me away from the one thing that made me the most happiest.

I growled. Of course it was Kakashi, he just loved to ruin everything. “Put. Me. Down.” He tsked me, shaking his head.

“You should really be ashamed of yourself. I thought you were going to be a great ninja, one day? The best of the best. You can’t do that crying over your boyfriend, Hitomi.”

“Shut up.”

“Did you once ever consider the rest of your teammates? Sasuke’s ‘death’ didn’t just affect you. He’s our teammate, too. You’re rather selfish. You put Tazuna at great risk with your stupidity. Are you happy?” His eye was like a dagger, cutting into me with each word.

“You don’t understand…” My eyes were glued to the ground. I felt horrible. In the end your sensei’s opinion did count. His criticism was the most important, more so than anyone else’s. He was the person I respected the most. Kakashi was there when no one else was.

“You’re the one that doesn’t understand.” He seemed disgusted by my mere presence. Kakashi threw me to the ground, then stalked off. If he would have felt my pain, would he have done the same? Would he have a care in the world when the things that you cared most about were gone?

I sat there staring blankly at the ground. I knew that if I could go back and change things, I would done them no differently. I would have stayed there with Sasuke, where I belong.

Sasuke helped me up, quietly assessing me. Checking to see if I was okay. Then, tightly hugged me. It took me a few moments to respond. When I did, I hugged him as tight as I possible could. I had no intentions of letting go anytime soon.

“Don’t ever leave me.”

“I promise. I’ll always be here, right by your side. Whenever you need me. Just like you were there for me when all hope was lost. As long as you want me, I’ll be here.”

“Forever,” I promised.

Minutes had passed in complete silence, just enjoying each other’s company. I had just remembered something from earlier. “Wait….did you lick me?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PACHOW! ß ------ Whoa! That’s a word? Cool(: Okay, so I’m actually trying for good grades this year! I’m aiming high. Hopefully straight A’s on the first report card? I’m doing well except for that hateful B I have! Grrr. I need to try harder! I have homework due tomorrow…D: I HATE WEEKEND HOMEWORK! GAH! So, updates shall only be on weekends until break or something*(:

On another not, this story should be slightly longer than I anticipated. Maybe 45-50 chapters? I don’t know, probably not that many. I would like everyone for sticking with this story♥ It’s HIGHLY appreciated!:D Also, after this story is finished I’m thinking about making a new account and moving “The Village Weapon” to it, and uploading everything on there. There might also be a sequel to this story? I’ll keep you updated(:

Comment&&Vote&&Fan!♥