Chapter Thirty: Nightmares Come True

Mwah![:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Thirty: Nightmares Come True

I tried my hardest to focus on the fight, but my vision kept blurring. I just kept getting more tired by each passing second. Was it from blood loss, or the fact that I still haven’t had a lot of sleep?

When my vision cleared, again, Sasuke was laying on the ground. My heart stopped for a few seconds, then began rapidly beating. What had happened? Naruto stirred from his nap, looking confused. He groaned and rubbed his head. “What the hell happened?” His eyes landed on Sasuke’s motionless figure.

“Sasuke!” He ran to him, supporting his head. I stayed rooted to my spot on the ground, afraid the worst was happening. Was someone else I cared so deeply about, dying? It was too much to bear. I ran to him and collapsed at his side.

“Kill him, Naruto.” He whispered. Naruto looked confused, but nodded anyways. His voice was barely audible, barely any life in him to even move.

“Sasuke, don’t you dare give up! Fight it! Don’t close your eyes, stay with me, Sasuke! Please.” I begged. My hands had fallen to his chest, gripping at his shirt. I tried my hardest to not just slap him, to get him to stay with me. A life without Sasuke seemed so pointless. So hopeless, empty, unbearable, depressing, dead. He couldn’t just--No! I wouldn’t think like that. I refused to let him go. He would survive.

He half smiled. “Hitomi, whoever you end up with in the end…doesn’t deserve you. You’re just so beautiful, amazing and absolut--” I crashed my lips onto his. I couldn’t stand to hear him saying his final goodbyes. Not when it meant forever.

“It’s not too late! It’s never too late. Fight. I know you can make it through this. I know what I said b-but I can change. I’ll try for you. Just please, don’t leave me!” I cried. A tear escaped one of his beautiful--now normal--onyx colored eyes.

“Don’t change,” And with that, the life faded from his eyes; completely. Grief overcame me and I broke down. There is no way he could just leave me like this. He couldn’t be gone, not forever.

“Shinobi die everyday. It’s what you signed up for when you became a ninja, the possibility that you could die at any given day. You’ll just have to deal with it.” Haku said from inside one of his mirrors. Nothing but negative emotions swam throughout my chest. Sasuke stole my heart; there was no way I was getting it back. Not with his dead. I broke down even more at the thought. How could he leave me?

Naruto growled. It wasn’t just a noise of annoyance, sorrow, or even anger. It was a real animalistic growl. I looked up from Sasuke’s deceased body to Naruto. He’s gone close to insane with anger. It looked as if he was convulsing, his body was shuddering; violently. He was taking deep, angry breaths.

“N-Naruto?”

He looked up at me with blood red eyes. I gasped in horror. No, that was just a dream. It had to be. Hitomi, you’re hallucinating. The lines on his face were becoming more pronounced and his teeth had turned into sharp, pointy fangs. His hands were like an animal’s claws. I felt as if my soul just got shredded into a million tiny pieces. I was loosing both Naruto and Sasuke. Red chakra began engulfing Naruto’s body. Please tell me this is all just a dream!

I reached out to Naruto, hoping the image would just fade away, or to possibly calm him down if this was actually real. He couldn’t give way to this hideous monster. I couldn’t save Sasuke; I have to save my best friend. I wrapped my hand around his now claw-like one, squeezing it ever so slightly. I pleaded with my eyes. For a fraction of a second he almost looked like the real Naruto, with a helpless look in his eyes. I couldn’t help but to look down at Sasuke, again, and his eyes followed mine.

Naruto let out a ferocious growl, ripping his hand for mine. He tore at the skin on my stomach, ripping apart the shirt that I was wearing. Blood poured out of the gash. He didn’t even seem to be affected by the fact that he just hurt me. Deeply. Not with his cut, no. By the fact that he could actually hurt me, and not care.  His next object was obviously Haku. I lay down next to Sasuke, hoping Naruto would finish that boy. My breaths became shallow. Hopefully, my final resting place would be my now dead lover. I would die here, next to him. My eyes closed, grateful that I would see Sasuke sooner than I had hoped for.
__________________________________________________

A hard slap woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I groaned. There were horrible pains all over my body. Can’t a person sleep in peace?

Sakura was crouching next to me, teary eyed. She looked as if she were ready to slap me, again. “Don’t,” I gasped. Her eyes widened, and she threw herself on me, breaking down in a fit of tears. Did I miss something?

I took in my surroundings. The bridge. I turned my head to the side to see a gorgeous pale boy. Memories came flooding back and an unimaginable pain erupted throughout my body. Worse than any physical pain that I have ever experienced. I could no longer breathe as the tears choked me, threatening to steal my life away. If only they could.

Without thinking, I brushed his silky soft hair out of his too pale face. His skin was like ice against my fingertips. This tore at my very existence. He looked so peaceful. I had to remind myself several times that he was dead and not just sleeping.

“You’re bleeding,” Sakura sniffed. She poked at my stomach and I hissed in pain. “Sorry, sorry,” I looked down at my abdomen. My cut didn’t look anywhere near life-threatening. Damn Naruto, he couldn’t even kill a person right. Another wave of pain hit me as I remember Sasuke. I touched my lips to his cold forehead, refusing to leave his side. I would die here with him. I had no intentions of living any longer.

My parents’ death has been avenged, thanks to Kakashi. Or so, I would hope. Naruto probably took care of Haku, already. I just didn’t see the point, anymore. I felt empty. Just a soulless shell. Sakura started crying, again.

The mist began clearing. I noticed Zabuza being held in place by dogs. And, Naruto holding Haku in the air, ready to strike.

Kakashi was just about to make his finishing blow on the rogue ninja with his Chidori. Just as he thrust it towards Zabuza’s middle, Haku--once again--stands before the man.

His mask was now gone to reveal a young boy with girly features. His mouth uttered a few last words before his body went limp. No remorse for the younger boy found way to me. I could still feel only hate and lost. He had killed my Sasuke. I no longer cared that I talked about him like I owned him. In the end, he was mine. Anyone could’ve seen that.

Zabuza didn’t care that his comrade had just died. In fact, he seemed to be rejoicing. Naruto was ticked off by that and gave him one of his ‘famous’ speeches. I rolled my eyes, returning my full attention on Sasuke.

How was I going to live through this one?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

La la la, I am VERY tempted to leave Sasuke dead. Too bad for Hitomi[; I never did like him…I’m horrible/: Oh, well. You live, you learn. Hope you like the chapter<3 Mwah! I love you guys(:

Comment&&Vote&&Fan[: