Chapter Twenty-Three: Fail.

Love is a Weakness- A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Twenty-Three: Fail.

Zabuza swung, aiming to chop me half. I couldn’t move it felt as if my feet had been concreted to the ground. So, this was it. I was going to die here.

I tightly closed me eyes, “Sasuke, I--”

The wind was knocked out of me as a person’s body was slammed against mine, pushing me onto the ground. I looked up to a very mad looking Sasuke.

“Now isn’t this time to say goodbye.” He lightly whispered. This didn’t match his facial expression, at all.

“Right,” I pushed him off of me and grabbed my katana. I was ready. He wasn’t going to kill me; I had a mission to fulfill. Zabuza laughed a cold heartless laugh. He swung his sword expertly around, putting himself on the defensive.

“What did you do to my parents?” I wanted answers before I ripped the bastard limb from limb.

“Dear. Dear Hitomi. There was once a time when your mother and I had fallen in love.”

“Lies,” There was no way my mother would have go for a twisted man for him. Much less, fall in love with him. His eyes shone in amusement.

“Very well. What had really happened was, a long while back--”

“Get to the point.” I yawned. He was boring the living daylights out of me.

“Wouldn’t you like to hear about all the gory details on how I killed them?” I was on full scale alert, now.

“You killed them?”

“What else was there to do?” he smiled. He actually smiled. Zabuza had been the one to take my life away from me; I would make sure I returned the favor. I was going on the offensive. This was going to be a battle to the death. Whichever way it went, he was going to die.

“Get ready to burn in hell.”

He laughed. “Couldn’t have said it better myself.”

I ran to him, aiming for his midsection. He neatly kicked me in my chest, sending me flying. I ignored the pain, doing a back flip in mid-air, landing on my feet. Quickly doing hand signs, I made at least five clones of myself. I sent one to each side of him. Without effort, Zabuza destroyed them all with one swipe of his sword. While he was distracted I kicked him in the face, while aiming a kunai to his chest. He ever so slightly moved to the side, and my kunai buried into his arm.

Zabuza hissed in pain. He threw his sword at me, but with an easy flip, it flew under me and stuck in a tree. Before he had the time, I removed his sword and cut him in the abdomen with it. Lucky for him it was an extremely shallow gash, but was some what long. He grabbed me by my upper arms and slammed my body into the ground. Then, proceeded to kick me, unbearably hard on my right side. After about three of four kicks I felt my ribs crack with a deafening sound. Still, he continued to kick, causing me to cough up blood.

Was he going to continue until my death? How very un-creative. I used the replacement jutsu and attacked him from behind. My katana sliced through his body easily, making it liquidize to water. “Damn!” It had only been a water clone jutsu.

And with a powerful punch to the side, my body flew into the small pond that was nearby. Sticky red liquid ran down my face as I coughed up more of the gunk. My body was covered in bruises and I was aching all over. But, still, I stood. I wouldn’t give up. Ever. I took a step forward and gasped out in pain. It hurt to move. I still wouldn’t let this stop me; another small step forward sent chills of pain throughout my body.

“Stop,” Kakashi called. “Leave her alone. What’s the point of killing this genin? Fight me.” He looked as if he were pleading with Zabuza.

“No,” I coughed, “He’s mine.”

“Fighting over me? How sweet. But, really there’s no need. There is enough of me to go around. Kakashi, wait your turn. This will only take me a second.” Without a warning he sent a kunai towards me, which burrowed itself in my stomach. The pain was much more intense than it had been before, and caused me to black out.

___________________________________________________________

A hand softly caressed my cheek. Was I dead? That was the only explanation that my muddled brain could come up for that amazing smell. But, I don’t think it should hurt like this.

My eyes fluttered open to a very worried Sasuke and Naruto. “What happened?” I croaked. My whole body was aching with tremendous amount of pain.

“You blacked out after Zabuza threw a kunai at you. But, you totally kicked ass! Believe it!” Naruto exclaimed. But, I could tell he was ultimately disappointed that he didn’t get a chance to fight the villain himself.

“What h…..happened to Za….Zabuza?” I wheezed. Mostly feeling the pain in my side when I talked, or breathed. Sasuke looked somewhat uncomfortable.

“Kakashi fought him after you. Someone showed up before he made his final blow, and killed Zabuza. He then proceeded to take Zabuza somewhere private to dispose of the body.” Sasuke spoke in his overly cool voice.

“Where’s Kakashi?”

“He passed out from using his sharingan to long.” I looked over to see my sensei’s body lying next to mine. Sakura and a strange woman were kneeled over next to him.

“Is he going to be okay?” Kakashi was hurt because of me. I wasn’t able to kill Zabuza so Kakashi had to take my place. I am a failure. I couldn’t even avenge my own parents. What made me think I was able to protect my comrades? I was a failure. I am weak.

“Just fine. He should be okay in about a week, as long as he takes it easy.” The lady next to him said. I stared blankly at her. I didn’t recall ever speaking to her.

“That’s my daughter.” Tazuna said in his gruff voice. I nodded, not really caring what her name was. “You did good out there, kid. Much better than I would have expected.” I looked around the room, looking for the person the older man was talking about. Did someone else have to fight as well? I then noticed everyone staring at me.

“M-me?” I stuttered.

“Well, yeah.” he rolled his eyes. I blushed from his compliment, but mainly because how obviously slow I am.

“Thank you.”

Tazuna waved me off, walking into the other room. “You’ll have to excuse my father. He can be rather rude at times.” His daughter smiled. I was actually quite fond of the old man, I found him slightly funny. I liked that he spoke his mind. It was refreshing.

“Are you okay?” Kakashi asked. I turned my head over so I could see him.

“I failed,” I lowered my eyes, trying to hide my shameful face. Not very easy when you’re lying down, though.

“Hitomi, he was an S-ranked criminal and was once part of the Seven Swordsmen. There wasn’t anyway you could have possibly beaten him.” His voice was kind but at the same time, fierce.

“He killed my parents! I should have been able to kill him, even if it killed me!”

He took a deep breath through his nose. “Don’t talk like that! I could barely defeat him, and in the end it wasn’t me that did! There would have been no chance in hell that you would have been able to. Your life could’ve been wasted with nothing to show for it. Don’t be so reckless!” I huffed at Kakashi and turned the opposite way, landing on my ribs. A shriek escaped my lips.

“Oh my! Are you alright?” Tazuna’s daughter rushed over to my side. I ignored her, and settled onto my back, but kept my face turned away from the horrible man that lay at my side. Being on bed rest him was going to be torturous for the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I only got one comment on the last chapter.-_-* Can you tell how overjoyed I am? I will not hold it against you, seeing how I got 5votes. But, do PLEASE give me feedback. How do I know if my writing is actually good or not?

Vote&&COMMENT&&Fan!(: