Chapter Thirty-three: Pride Matters

There might be a lot of mistakes, and I apologize in advance. I'm on my iPod.

Chapter Thirty-Three: Pride Matters

At least two days passed by without talking to Sasuke. There was many a time when I had tried conversing with the raven-haired boy, but he only ignored me. This was really starting to irk my nerves. living with him just became that much worse.

"I'm going out," I called to no one imparticular. I doubt Sasuke heard what I had to say, anymore. He's grown accustomed to ignoring me. I grunted, slamming the door.

Work has been rather slo, just simple missions in the morning. Easily completed in about an hour or so. Life had settled in an easy pattern; for now.

I blew my hair out of my face as I slowly walked down the busy street. It was lunch hour, meaning every one was rushing around. Hungry and impatient. My pace seemed to agitate most people as they pushed past me. Not very nicely, either.

I envied these people. At least their destination was clear. As for me? Not a clue where to go.

Slowly walking by I watched the play and the worried mothers watching over them. Grandparents scowled as the children at play tended to trample over their plants. In the end they always laughed and smiled, though. Remembering the youth they could never experience again, and its memories. Life was easy going and simple for village people. And as shinobi, it was our job to keep it like that for them. Even if we constantly risked our lives. We didn't mind, though. It was our job. One of adventure, and that kept me happy.

"Hey, Hitomi!" a cheerful voice cLled from somewhere amiss the crowd. I scanned unfamiliar faces for the voice. Bright blue hair came bobbing my way. Michiko quickly hugged me, a smile plastered on her face.

"Uhh...hi," I dimly smiled. Why was this girl always so perky? It was creepy.

"What are you up to, today?"

I sighed. "Absolutely freaking nothing." her eyes put up in delight. "Come with me." She grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd. Well, at least my day wouldn't be a total waste.

"where are you taking me?" I complained. Michiko giggled and began to slow down a bit.

"To meet up with my team. Were taking it easy today, and I wanted you to hang out with us."

I groaned, unhappy with this arrangemnt. I was definitely not in a people mood. Especially not since Sasuke was ignoring me. Why couldn't I just say sorry? Oh, that's right. I have pride issues. Not only that, but I was terrified of his rejection. What if he didn't take my apology? That would hurt more than any flesh wound. Best to just leave alone, I suppose.

Michiko stopped and turned to me. She grabbed me by the shoulders and with a caring expression asked, "Is everything okay?" you seem more moody than usual."

I shrugged. Looking away, my shoulders slumped. Why should I tell her?

The truth is, I could care less if she told other people. That was the least oft worries. I was just afraid she wouldn't get me. What if she didn't understand? LAst time I checked, she wasn't falling in love with someone as difficult as Sasuke. in fact, no one was as difficult as Sasuke.

I guess you could say he was unique.

"It's Sasuke." she confirmed. "I can tll by the hopeless look on your face. What happened?" I sighed.

"I said something stupid, and he got mad. He's Ben ignoring me for the past few days."

"I can't. What if he rejects me? Then, I'd look like a fool."

Michiko snorted. "Which means more to you: Sasuke or your pride?"

"Sasuke..." I whispered. Ther was no doubt in my mind that he meant more to me than anything else. And that is why I am scared. He meant more to me than breathing. What if he just did t like me, anoymore? Or, never did? Then, what would I do with these feelings that I had developed?

I swore to myself that this would never happen. Now look at me. I was probably worse off than Sakura. Love is a weakness, and I was vowing weak.

____________________________________

After standing thee for almost an hour, I decided to go home.

"you don't want to officially meet everyone? I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra person. The more the merryer!" michiko smiled.

"I would love to...but, there's some things I need to take care of."

She giggled. "Go get 'em. And, don't take no for an answer."

I rolled my eyes. It's freaky how well she knew me, already. It was may e two weeks ago that I had met her. Yet, she had made herself an important role in my life. Surprisingly, I didn't mind. Michiko wasn't all that bad.

When I finally reached Sasuke's house, I hesitated by the door. Did he take note upon my absence? I wonder if he missed me. Did he even notice that I was gone?

I slowly opened the door, quietly closing it behind me. Everything was quiet in the house. There as no sign of anyone here. I creeped towards Sasuke's room. Where he was found sleeping. Wouldn't it be lovely tolay down beside him, and join him in slumber? How I've missed that.

I kneeled down beside the bed, silently watching Sasuke sleep. As creepy as that sounded, I was perfectly content watching him sleep. Listening to his deep breathing made me a bit tired. I rested my head next to his, and closed my eyes for a fee moments. What would be the harm in catching up with my sleep?

A hand slowly caressed my head where in lay sleeping. No longer was I on my knees, but laying in a rather comfortable bed. An arm was tightly wrapped around me in the most protective way possible. My face was buried in a bare chest that rose ever so slightly with each breath. My heart beater wildly, beyond control as the hand slipped down my back to my legs. It picked one of my slender legs up and wrapped it around the persons torso.

"hello, beautiful," a very sexy masculine voice breathed. I looked up into my favorite pair of onyx colored eyes.

I forced myself o him, attacking his lips. But, he didn't seem to mind as he stroked the skin of my back. This had me a bit confused. I clearly remembered wearing clothes, today. I sat up, inspecting myself. My lack of clothes made me blush a dark crimson.

"Explain to me why I have next to no clothes on." I demanded.

He shrugged and smirked. "I thought you looked better with them off." I let out a sound of disapproval, and laid down.

"You're such a freaking pervert."

"You know you like it." he teased. U wrapped the blanket around us, willing him to hold me, again.

"Yeah, yeah. So what if I do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think they got back together way too easily. xD oh, well. Sorry for all the mistakes :s I have a question: Should I do the chunin exams or write a sequel with the chunin exams? Damn autocorrect keeps changing chunin to chunk xD happy readings guys