Chapter Twenty-Two: Just Like Mommy

O.O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Twenty-Two: Just like Mommy

Shortly after my break down we had made it to the shore. The driver was so anxious to leave, he left before we cold get any of our things.

I was still extremely upset, but Naruto decided to walk ahead of everyone. He was going to make sure he proved himself to everyone he was a worthy ninja, and future Hokage. Which left me to walk along side the center of my nightmare. I wasn’t paralyzed in fear like I had been with Naruto. Somehow the dream about Naruto scared me a lot more. But, the fear was almost as strong. I wouldn’t let myself loose this time, though.

Trying as hard as I could, I struggled to keep my fears locked away at the furthest end of my brain. But, every time I merely glanced at Sasuke, visions came back. The ones of his smile, the insanity that his eyes held, and Naruto’s head rolling on the floor, to my feet….. It was so vivid, it was hard to believe that it was just a dream. I shuddered, searching every part of my brain for something besides that.

“You okay?” Captain emo asked. My eyes darted to him, only to be reunited with the ground. I couldn’t look at him for more than a second, or it would ruin everything I had tried so hard to succeed.

“Fine.” My voice cracked. I wasn’t comfortable talking to him, but I felt as though I should. Momentarily I threw all my fears out the window, and took a deep breathe. “Sasuke…I’m so s--”

“Don’t be.”

“But--”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. It was just a dream.”

I shook my head in agitation. It didn’t work like that. He couldn’t just blow this off like it was nothing, not again. This was bigger than those damned rumors.

“Shut up, and take my God forsaken apology, will you?!” I growled. His lips uttered one last “No,” as he left me to catch up with the group.

I sighed as I watched Naruto spaz about something that wasn’t even there.

“Stop scaring me, you little runt!” Tazuna threw his hand up in the air as he stomped his feet. Naruto threw his kunai at something else that rustled in the bushes. If it wasn’t for my mood, I’d be laughing my butt of at these two idiots.

I went to examine Naruto’s victim like everyone else had. It was a snow bunny. My soul felt cold as I stared at the poor animal, with no sign of remorse for the thing. There was nothing there. Just the awful numbness.

“Get down!” Kakashi screamed. I simply stepped to the side as a huge sword flew past me. I didn’t move over enough, though. It had nicked my arm and blood began staining my skin. Dripping endlessly out of the gash. But, I didn’t feel the sting that should have followed. The numbness even took over the outer layers of my body.

“Hitomi!” I looked over to see three of my teammates running towards me.

“Are you okay?” The pinkette asked, turning slightly green as she studied my wound. I had to admit, it looked pretty gross. Pieces or skin were hanging from my wound, and you could see right down to the bone. Sasuke grabbed my arm to inspect it. He tsked at me and ripped off a piece of his shirt to wrap around it. “Hitomi?” Kakashi looked worried. “You’re not acting…..normal.”

“Shouldn’t you be saving Naruto from getting exterminated?” I queried. I had purposely ignored his statement. I, for one, could not answer Kakashi about that matter. For I was just as confused. Naruto was more important, anyways. He nodded slightly. “Protect Tazuna.”

Sasuke and Sakura ran to the old man as fast as they possibly could. I steadily walked, not in the mood to play hero. I felt someone hit the back of my head. “I don’t know what your problem is, neither do I care. But, you better snap the hell out of it! This is a mission, dobe.” Sasuke huffed. I stared at him through wide eyes.

“Sasuke…”

“Shut up, and focus!”

I stared at him for a few more moments. I would have to remember to thank him, later. A man’s life was on stake, and I’m busy worrying about my own problems. I wasn’t a true shinobi. I was a pathetic child. I nodded once, grabbing the katana that was always strapped to my back. “I’m ready.”

I looked at the ninja in the tree. He wore a mask like Kakashi, and had no eyebrows. Only one word came to mind: Freak. I actually started to laugh.

“Uh…Hitomi? You okay?” Sakura asked. This made me laugh harder.

“Look at that freak!” I practically screamed. The heartless eyes of the rogue ninja reached her. He faintly smirked and walked over to me.

“Zabuza! This fight is between me and you, leave Hitomi out of this!” Kakashi snarled. Zabuza glanced behind him and chuckled one. “Hitomi, is it?”

Where have I heard this wickedly evil man’s name before? And his voice…..so familiar. “Don’t try anything.” Sasuke glowered at the ninja where he loomed over me.

I stood my ground. My imagination came up with scarier things than him. I slightly smiled. “The one and only.”

He studied me. “You have your mother’s eyes.” My body stiffened. What did he just say? My mother’s?

“What was that?” I lowered my katana, unable to attack. This mysterious man knew my mom? He had memories of her. Which meant she lived somewhere inside him, as well.

“And her hair,” He reached out and lightly touched my hair, as if reliving memories. Sasuke stiffened besides me. “Get your filthy hand off of her.”

The ninja, Zabuza, didn’t even seem to notice him. Just continued playing with my hair. “You look very much like her. Your figure is the same as hers once was. You look as if you could be her twin.” His nose then wrinkled in disgust. “But, you have your father’s nose.”

I dropped my weapon completely. A silent tear rolled down my face. Old scars had been ripped open. They were gone. My parents. Gone; forever.

“Zabuza!” Naruto screeched, running to attack.

“Stop.” I whispered. Naruto halted to a complete stop. Face planting because of the sudden stop. “What are you doing? He murdered innocent people!” Naruto yelled. “Kill him!”

“No,”

“Your mom was always so pretty.” Zabuza continued. His hand suddenly balled into a fist, pulling harshly on my hair. He looked into my eyes, coming back to reality. His hand reached for his sword as all the air left my body. “I wonder if you will scream in agony, like she did.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OoOoOooOOOOoooooOohhh. I wonder what’s going to happen? O.O What are Zabuza’s ties with her parents? Tell me what you think!

Comment&&Vote&&Fan!(: