Chapter Fourteen: Kakashi's Wrath

I don’t particularly like this chapter, so don’t be surprised if I decide to change it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness- A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Fourteen: Kakashi’s Wrath

Kakashi gave me a hard look before rushing to Sakura. He lazily helped her out of the river. I don’t know why he even bothered, he could’ve just left her there. Maybe she wouldn’t have bothered to come out. Then everyone would peacefully lead happy lives. I don’t know of one person that would actually miss her.

“So, today we are going to start your missions. Report to the Hokage tower at once!” Kakashi ordered. He didn’t seem very pleased this morning. What ever could be wrong with the village pervert? I pondered hilarious scenarios while Sakura complained.

“Kakashi-sensei! Could I please go home and change? If it was for her I wouldn’t be so wet.” Her being me. When talking about me, disgust was distinct in her voice, but when talking about Kakashi, there was nothing but utmost respect.

“That’s what she said.” Murmured Kakashi.

“What?” Sakura was obviously confused, whereas everyone--except Sasuke-- giggled like school children. “Sakura,” Kakashi started, taking a upon a serious tone. “You’re just going to have to tough it out. Now report to the Hokage.” Everyone took their leave, before Kakashi even finished speaking.

“Except for you, Hitomi.” He added. Great. So now I was the one being punished? What about Sakura? She had hit me first, I was only defending myself. “Bye, Bye Hitomi.” Sakura waved. It almost as if she had planned the whole thing. Now, I was stuck with the old man. I was going to miss out on our very first mission, to listen to him lecture me. That also meant no money for me. When I starve to death, I’ll make sure to haunt the hell out of Kakashi.

“Explain to me why you were fixing to pummel Sakura into the ground.” Kakashi didn’t even sound interested. He acted as if it should just be said, and left alone. “Sparring?” I asked, hopefully. Maybe if I told him we were so bored because we were waiting so long on him, that we decided to train, he’d let me off easy. Then, I wouldn’t have to miss out on our first mission. I’d be fashionably late, though.

“Either Sakura is a really sore loser, or Sasuke was on the side lines, cheering for you.”

“Both,” I nodded. He was buying it! Score for Hitomi! I could’ve fist pumped the air, if that wouldn’t blow my cover.

He nodded. “You’re lying,” My shoulders slumped. How in the world did he know? Unless he was bluffing and I just blew my lie. Dammit. I did a face palm. Did I have to be so stupid? “No, no I’m not.” Even if it was totally obvious that I was, I wasn’t about to give into him. He sighed, knowing where this was going. “Just tell the truth, and I won’t give you a harsh punishment.” Fair enough.

“I kissed Sasuke, she slapped me. So….I slapped her back. She got pretty pissed, and I was only defending myself.” He rubbed his masked chin in a thoughtful manor. “How much do you like Sasuke, Hitomi?” He asked. Where was he going with this? Shouldn’t he be worrying about my punishment? Not my emotional feelings for another human being.

Lying was definitely out of the picture. It was obvious he could pick up on my lies, easily. And I always thought I was a good actor, shows what I know. “He’s not the best. In fact, I still have this very strong feeling of dislike towards him. It’s not as bad as it used to be, though.” He looked at me in a curious manor. “But, you kissed him?” Why was the team leader interested in my love life? More importantly, why was he trying to mix my love life with my feelings towards Sasuke?