Chapter Twenty-Nine: Foolish

O: I’m such a horrible person. I’m sorry :S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness-A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Foolish

Everything was fine when I made it to the bridge. This deeply confused me. I could’ve sworn that Zabuza would’ve been here by now. Had I been wrong?

“What are you doing here? I told you to sleep.” Kakashi looked up from his book, where he was sitting on the railing of the unfinished bridge. I paced back and fourth, tapping my chin. Where is he? “Is something wrong?” Kakashi asked. He put his book to the side, and jumped down, landing effortlessly in front of me.

“I-I thought Zabuza would be here.” I confessed.  Sasuke was watching me from the sideline. I quickly adverted my gaze away from him, ashamed of my freak out this morning. Especially after what happened last night. His soft caress was enough to send me wild.

“Why would he be here?”

“Gato’s men came to the house and tried to take Tazuna’s daughter. I rescued her, rest assured. But, her son told me that Zabuza worked for him. So, I figured he’d plan today for his attack.”

“I--”

Laughing was heard. Somewhere off to the right of us. A coldhearted cruel laugh.

“How right the little girl ninja was.” Mist surrounded so thick that I could barely see three inches in front of me. “Protect Tazuna!” Kakashi yelled.

“You know, girl, you’re smarter than you look. If only your poor mommy had been that smart.” My teeth clenched in anger, a passion so deep full of hatred flowed through my veins. How dare he.

“Why don’t you stop hiding in the mist, and come fight me, then?” He snickered. A cold hand stroked my pale cheek.

“But, this is so much more fun.” I lashed out, throwing blind punches into the mist. Not one landed on their target. I was being blinded by rage, which was never a good battle tactic. It was in your best interest to always remain calm, to keep your head clear. But, that part of me was buried deep behind the awful things that I would love to do to this terrible man. The only thing I was worried about was killing Zabuza.

His hand gripped one of my closed fist as I threw it into the air, again. He twisted it so far behind my back, I swore I heard a crack. “So careless.” I could feel him breathing down my neck. Disgust ran down my spine. With my free arm, I elbowed him in the stomach. A kick sent me flying. My body collided with someone else’s, causing us to both groan in pain.

“Are you okay?” A comforting voice asked me. I could instantly tell it was Sasuke. His touch was enough.

“Yeah..”

There was a sudden pulling on my scalp, a horrible pain. Zabuza was holding me by my hair. I kicked around trying to release is grasp on me. My nails dug into his hands. But, he didn’t seem to notice. A few tears slid down my cheek from the pain. Sasuke ran towards Zabuza, but another figure appeared before the man. Was he protecting him? A mask for ANBU covered his face. Shouldn’t ANBU kill the enemy? Not protect?

“Haku, take care of the boy.”

“Yes, Zabuza.” Sasuke growled at them, his eyes racing between me and the mysterious boy.  While Zabuza was distracted, I kicked him in the groin, making him drop me. Sasuke gathered me in his arms, rushing towards Kakashi.

“Don’t let her fight him, she’s still injured from the last time.” Kakashi looked confused at Sasuke giving him orders, when it should be the other way around.